ArnoldKatchal

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hello,
i have a problem with my video card. some days ago when i was playing a game, the display accidentally freezes and after some seconds it goes to blue screen then restart. after that some strange vertical lines appeared all over the motherboard screen and the other texts in the black screen show up like symbols.
this was the first time i encounter this situation and at that time i just turn off the computer and
when i turn it on, all these problems where gone but again after i was playing the same game, the same things happened but this time it didn't fixed up and i had no choice except removing my windows 7 OS and installing a new windows xp. and now i still have the problem and beside that some strange blue lines appear in some places of my screen and its very slow in scrolling and other graphical works.
i cant install a video driver cuz the system goes to blue screen in the half way and the same scenario happens again.
btw i have geforce 7300 gs graphic card and wanted to know is there a way to fix this problem so i shouldn't buy a new graphic card...

sorry for long text and bad english..

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Your english is better than many who ask for help here :)

A 7300 GS is VERY outdated, and it probably wouldn't have much life left in it. Try it in another system just to check if it's the GPU or not, and if it is, get something like a GT520, which is nVidia's low end card, and is quite cheap.

ArnoldKatchal

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah i think it's better to buy a new GPU instead of wasting money repairing this one and it seems my GPU cooling system is not working properly cuz the temp stays at 82C when i'm not doing anything heavy with it.

btw can i install GT 520 to my PCI-E 1.0 mobo?

ArnoldKatchal

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
no its fan less with gigabyte screen cooling and it seems it's not working.

The psu brand is UMAX, i dont know if its a junk or not. for the GPU i just want a decent one that can last long enough, i'm not really into gaming, i just do a lot of renderings and game programming but its good to be able to play modern games with medium quality or lower. if you can recommend me a good and cheap GPU that can handle this its really perfect.

BTW i have one more question that is not related to this thread. my system is speaker-less around 1 year and i decided to buy a good quality and long lasting 2.1 speaker. I dont know which one to choose from between these marks:
Creative T3130, Logitech Z313, Edifier C2.
can you recommend me a good one between these three or other marks.

thanks in advance

ArnoldKatchal

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I'm intending to buying one cuz 7300 cant handle many of the modern games even in lowest quality. do you have any suggesting GPU with the specifications i describe in my former post.

and should i change my PSU to properly install on of these graphic cards?