Help 6600 changing shortcut on selection keys

Last response: in Brands
June 27, 2004 12:01:47 AM

I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera to
contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.

Thanks in advance.

John
June 27, 2004 12:49:15 AM

Good news and bad news.

I was playing with my new phone today and came across where you could change
the selection keys.

I can't remember where it was.

Sorry

Rio

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
> selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera to
> contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
> looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

June 27, 2004 2:14:48 AM

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:01:47 +0000 (UTC), "John C"
<oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote:

>I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
>selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera to
>contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
>looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>John

settings/Phone/Standby Mode
--

E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Related resources
June 27, 2004 4:02:47 AM

Bit of a waste of a shortcut button doing that. Pushing the joystick in
will take you straight to Contacts.

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
> selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera to
> contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
> looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 11:20:13 AM

Thanks easy when you know how.

John

"BORG" <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:01:47 +0000 (UTC), "John C"
> <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
> >selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera to
> >contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
> >looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >John
> >

> settings/Phone/Standby Mode
> --
>

> E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
> watch out for spam trap in header
>
> Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk
>
> 10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/
>
> http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 2:21:24 PM

Don't think you read the manual too well ..

"Rob" <robnash@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Bit of a waste of a shortcut button doing that. Pushing the joystick in
> will take you straight to Contacts.
>

> "John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> > I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
> > selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera
> > contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
> > looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > John

June 29, 2004 7:02:18 PM

Lord-Data wrote:

> Don't think you read the manual too well ..
>

> "Rob" <robnash@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>
>>Bit of a waste of a shortcut button doing that. Pushing the joystick in
>>will take you straight to Contacts.
>>

>>"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have just received my new Nokia 6600 I would like to customise the
>>>selection keys i.e change the left one that is currently set to camera

>>>contacts, can this be done if so can anyone briefly explain how, I have
>>>looked in the manual supplied but cannot seem to find the right info.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>>John

Don't think you reply to the right person too well
!