May 26, 2011
which cpu cooler is better i m taking these one
zalman cnps 9900 max cooler
cooler master hyper 2121 evo
which one is better for fx 8150

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I've read good reviews about the cooler master hyper 212 series. It also seems to be in good standing with the other people in this forum.

Never heard of the other one, try putting the exact model number and name in google with the word review after it. To check them out and compare.

Edit: I just read some reviews, hyper seems to give better cooling. Both will be better than intel or amd's stock coolers.

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
The hyper 212 EVO is for smaller overclocks (if you know what i mean) if your going all out and go hardcore with it, then the Noctua dh-14 is better to be honest. The evo is huge though and doesn't fit in some cases.
And then there is that large gap of pricing. For most people i would just recommend the 212EVO its cooling is great and isn't loud at all.

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
yeah but i got a good deal with lower price and better performance will noctua dh 14 fit in my case corsair 400r carbide series because currently my fx 8150 is on stock but i dont want oc it but may be in future so the noctua dh 14 is good for it or not

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
The Noctua dh-14 is good for the cpu even if your not going to overclock. If you have the money then buy it! It beats the 212EVO but like i said not really necessary.

Yes the cooler (noctua) will fit! Noctua's nh-d14 spec's is 160mm tall. The 400r has roughly 185mm space CPU-side panel. No problems there.

From the ones you mention i think best is evo 212 (both price and performance, especially because it will block less the air flow around other components).

I would suggest you check more in depth other options.
There are great coolers out there (in both performance and design), that are less known yet far more interesting.

The most important part, make sure it will be comaptible with what you already have (if unsure, google some guide about cpu cooler compatibility).

Prolimatech had some good coolers if i remmber right. I dont suggest Noctuas except their flagship (Dh-14 i belive?) other noctua coolers are actually quite bad compared to high end cooling solutions as far as i know.

Finally, i would also suggest you invest in at least a "decent" Thermal paste.
Personally i use arctic silver 5 since its good (not best but close to best) and easy to find. Most poeple will say that thermal paste is only about 2-3 C diffrence, but if you apply it well on a good cooler, the results scale quite nicely (for my CPU was a 8 C diffrence, for GPUs was 20C diffrence).

On the other hand, if you want to go water cooling, i suggest you read A LOT about it before you make that move. Its best cooling ever (im not going back from my watercooling system), but it requires presicion and care or it can destroy your PC!!