Sign in with
Your question

How to create wifi with wired modem router? Help..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 18, 2011 12:31:45 AM

Hi, is it "possible to create a wifi" or make my dekstop using hardwire connection, a hotspot? (Without buying a wireless router/modem/card)
I mean, is there a tweak or program I can download to configure my desktop running on Windows 7 to create wi-fi?
The reason why I'm interested in this it's because, for bluetooth, it's possible. Just wondering if they have the same nature with Wifi (In terms of configuration and tweaks).... ^^,

More about : create wifi wired modem router

August 18, 2011 6:10:50 AM

yes as long as you have a wireless network card in you computer
m
l
August 21, 2011 9:38:50 PM

Thanks. How's the connection going to be? How's the set-up?
The router modem is connected to my PC via ethernet at the back of the CPU tower.
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2011 4:02:01 AM

Anyone? Please?
m
l
August 29, 2011 5:23:33 AM

look into ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) it is in the network and sharing center
m
l
August 29, 2011 5:49:47 AM

I'm using windows 7 and I don't have any clue on where to go or how to configure it since I don't even know if it's possible. Please be more specific. I am not an advance user to this nature. Start it by answering if it's possible or not, for me to stop searching online :( 
m
l
August 29, 2011 5:58:33 AM

if you have a network card connected to your modem and a wireless network card then YES you can create a wireless access point
m
l
August 29, 2011 6:12:49 AM

All I have is a PC running on windows 7 hardwired to my modem router. I don't have a wireless usb card. I guess, it's not possible then.
Nothing, I just thought of it, because 4years ago, you can connect your phone to share files with your desktop "hardwired", via "bluetooth" (transfer songs from PC to phone via bluetooth). So, I though of researching if there's a tweak or a program that can be downloaded to work like that of bluetooth but this time, a wifi software taking advantage of DSL hardwire internet connection of my ISP.
m
l
!