Sign in with
Your question

Triple Monitors + GTX 560 Ti 2GB ? Or SLI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2012 3:17:13 PM

Hey guys, I have a good deal on hold for 3 HP 24" monitors and really want to buy them but still do not have enough money to afford another GTX 560 Ti (I only have a single GTX 560 Ti 2Gb).
I am wondering what kind of performance I would be getting while running two GTX 560 Ti's + 3 monitors on Battlefield 3 Ultra settings.
Will it be worth buying triple monitors and a SLI setup and will I get good performance or will I just be paying for good looks of triple monitors and bad performance?

Thanks in advance :) 
April 26, 2012 3:33:22 PM

Well, 560ti SLI is somewhat comparable to a 7970 (depending on the game - don't know how close they are in BF3, it could be a bit better or a bit worse), and a 7970 looks like it averages about 30fps at that resolution (I'm assuming this is with ultra settings, but not sure):

So, while that isn't conclusive by any means, I would guess that the game will be playable but not smooth on a 560ti 2GB SLI setup at those settings.
a b Î Nvidia
April 26, 2012 3:39:26 PM

http://www.geeks3d.com/20120423/nvidia-gk110-the-true-7...

It won't be affordable for your budget but it will do 3 monitors better than a 680. And a 680 will do it pretty good as is. The GTX 680 is out of your budget. if you can but can't (kinda confused when you said can't afford another 560 ti but your saying your gonna do 560 ti SLI????) afford a second 560 ti 2GB then....Your best option... sell the 560 ti and try to get a 600 series card or..; Just don't try 3 monitors. Your single 560 ti will only run 2 monitors.... Thats it, you would need to get a second card, or get a 600 series card in hope that it runs 3 monitors
a c 89 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 26, 2012 3:51:01 PM

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-680-sli-revie...

A single 560Ti will get 28 fps in BF3 on ultra settings and 1920x1080 resolution so with two in SLI you would get just over 40 fps which should give good perrformance and gameplay. If any issues come up you can drop down to high settings and still get good performance and gameplay. The settings used in this benchmark were with just about everything turned on to the max and you don't really have to do that , you can adjust the settings down a little and still have quality gameplay.
Another thing to do is when you are connecting the monitors to the computer make sure that at least one monitor is connected to the second card to make sure that the vram is used on the second card. I recently had a conversation with an Evga tech support person and he said to make sure that with multiple monitors that one be connected to the second card if running SLI.
!