Network Connectivity problem

kaushik

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008
Hi,

i bought 25 mtr of CAT-5e Digilink cable. after crimping when connected to one end at pc and one end at router, the network icon in the taskbar of pc shows no connectivity. i tested with network cable tester and that shows the connection is ok. what is the problem. i though there was problem with RJ45 jack and then i again crimp two RJ45 jack at the both ends. suddenly, the network connection shows connected, but there is limited connectivity. i found in the status page that data were sent but there is no data received yet. what is the problem. i cannot access broadband. what is the solution. what is my fault ? :pt1cable:

thanks in advance

Regards,

Kaushik

kaushik

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2008

Hi PhilFrisbie,

Thank you for reply. For your kind information, when i tested that straight cable in the both end with a cable tester, i found that the cable connection is OK. Sometimes internet connection arises, sometimes there is no internet connection (limited connectivity). If the crimping not perfect, internet connection should never come. When internet connection available, it remains for a long time, if IE is opened. After some idle time, the cable needs to pull off from PC and then if i placed the cable into the PC, internet connection found OK. For your intimation, in some places cable passes along with electrical wire and also beside AC machine. Some length (10 feet) of cable come across outside the premises. Is there any problem for those instances? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Just to be clear, are you SURE you split the cable pair that connects to pins 3 and 6?

If you did not split the pair then it will still test OK, but your transmit or receive signal will be using separate wires in two different pairs which will be VERY susceptible to radio interference.