Building a PC

I am planning a PC build and I would like to know your thoughts on the parts I have so far and the parts I intend to buy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have a:
haf coolermaster 932 case
noctua NH-D14 cooler
run of the mill keyboard and mouse (not important to me)
a cheapo dvd-burner (also not important)

I have been looking at:
ASUS HD7770-DC-1GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (would really like to get some feedback on this)

Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

If this is not the right tread, then please tell me where to post.
thank in advance
10 answers Last reply
More about building
  1. You won't need the NH-D14 with the 2400, since you can't OC it very far.

Either get a 2500K/3570K, or just leave the cooler out of the equation and get a better GPU (something in the range of the 7850 would be nice).
  2. I already have the NH-D14, so why not use it? do you have any more info on the GPU?
  3. Well, if you already have the cooler, I guess it's a moot point, lol, but just know that it's not at all needed.

As far as the GPU goes, I'm not sure what you're asking there. I don't have any specific models of 7850's to recommend, I'm just saying that would be the thing that I would upgrade in this build (not necessarily to JUST a 7850, just something in the performance range).
  4. Do you know any better cards in the 140$ to 180$ price range?
  5. Nah, in that price range, it's basically the 7770 (or 6870) or a GTX 560. Pretty much a toss-up between them (although a 6870 and a factory OC GTX 560 might be a bit better).
  6. thanks. Do you think these cards would run games like skyrim on high or would it be a struggle?
  7. Any of those should be fine for Skyrim on High, actually. 1080p MIGHT make them struggle slightly, but I think you'll be OK there.

Where they would really struggle is with a game like BF3 on Ultra @ 1080p, but they'll still do High-ish settings with reduced AA in that, as well.
  8. Thanks a lot. You have been a HUGE help.
  9. You're welcome. :)
  10. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems