Disk check

Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk check to a
more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from the command prompt?

Thanks
mark
3 answers Last reply
More about disk check

    Set the AutoChkTimeOut to 0.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    Value Name: AutoChkTimeOut
    Value Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: 0

    [[The value in units of seconds (for example, a value of 60 equals 1
    minute)]]

    [[If the entry is not found, the default count down of 10 seconds will be
    used.
    If it is set to 0 second, there will not be any count down.
    If it is set to more than 3 days (259,200 seconds), the default value will
    be used. ]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e%23kT91vEFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    mark <majusa@mfire.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk
    > check to a more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from
    > the command prompt?
    >
    > Thanks
    > mark

    Or just use chkntfs:

    chkntfs /t:x

    where x is the number of seconds.
    In a command prompt type
    chkntfs /?
    for more information.

    --
    Walter Clayton
    http://www.dts-l.org

    > Set the AutoChkTimeOut to 0.
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    > Value Name: AutoChkTimeOut
    > Value Type: REG_DWORD
    > Value Data: 0
    >
    > [[The value in units of seconds (for example, a value of 60 equals 1
    > minute)]]
    >
    > [[If the entry is not found, the default count down of 10 seconds will be
    > used.
    > If it is set to 0 second, there will not be any count down.
    > If it is set to more than 3 days (259,200 seconds), the default value will
    > be used. ]]
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:e%23kT91vEFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > mark <majusa@mfire.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk
    >> check to a more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from
    >> the command prompt?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> mark

    Thanks for the replies. The registry hack is what I was looking for.
    Worked flawlessly.

    mark

    "mark" <majusa@mfire.com> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk check to
    > a more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from the command
    > prompt?
    >
    > Thanks
    > mark

Configuration Microsoft Customization Command Prompt Windows XP