Disk check

February 14, 2005 10:26:42 PM

Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk check to a
more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from the command prompt?

Thanks
mark

More about : disk check

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 11:40:26 PM

Set the AutoChkTimeOut to 0.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
Value Name: AutoChkTimeOut
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0

[[The value in units of seconds (for example, a value of 60 equals 1
minute)]]

[[If the entry is not found, the default count down of 10 seconds will be
used.
If it is set to 0 second, there will not be any count down.
If it is set to more than 3 days (259,200 seconds), the default value will
be used. ]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e%23kT91vEFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
mark <majusa@mfire.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk
> check to a more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from
> the command prompt?
>
> Thanks
> mark
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:59:33 PM

Or just use chkntfs:

chkntfs /t:x

where x is the number of seconds.
In a command prompt type
chkntfs /?
for more information.

--
Walter Clayton
http://www.dts-l.org

> Set the AutoChkTimeOut to 0.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
> Value Name: AutoChkTimeOut
> Value Type: REG_DWORD
> Value Data: 0
>
> [[The value in units of seconds (for example, a value of 60 equals 1
> minute)]]
>
> [[If the entry is not found, the default count down of 10 seconds will be
> used.
> If it is set to 0 second, there will not be any count down.
> If it is set to more than 3 days (259,200 seconds), the default value will
> be used. ]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:e%23kT91vEFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> mark <majusa@mfire.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Is there anyway to change the countdown time on a scheduled disk
>> check to a more manageable unit without simply running chkntfs from
>> the command prompt?
>>
>> Thanks
>> mark

February 15, 2005 7:35:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. The registry hack is what I was looking for.
Worked flawlessly.

mark

!