Help Blank Screen gtx570

jblorenz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
When I plug in my gtx 570 in either pci express ports alls I get is a black screen.

The card's fan turns on and seems to work, but I get nothing on the screen.

If i take the card out, the system works perfectly fine and boots into windows.

I checked the bios to see if there is any inference with the 3570k's on-board graphics but the bios said that preference was given to the pcie slot.

Maybe I am justing missing or overlooking something?

My system is: asrock z77 extreme 4, i5 3570k, corsair tx750

jblorenz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

do you mean the pcie cables to the graphics card...yes to the graphic card, but if there are other ones to plug in...I may have over looked?

If the system boots without the card in, it isn't any missing or unplugged cables (unless its unplugged at the PSU end, I assume its modular?).

Try getting to the BIOS, set the preference to the onboard GPU. Turn off and plug the card in, boot back to the BIOS and see if it registers in there. If it cant detect the GPU, something is probably wrong with the card.

If youv got any old Graphics cards laying around, plug them in to to see if they work. To rule out bad PCI-E slots (though thats pretty unlikely).

jblorenz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

Ok. I will try that.

And to make the situation a bit more weird. I unplugged the pci-e power plugs from the card and booted up the system and it booted up. The card's fan was working, though it sounded a bit louder. Then I just turned it off it off, but i though that was weird that the system worked or maybe its not wierd.

jblorenz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

Thnaks bro, but the first time I tried to post on this forumit didn't come up, so I thought it post; therfore I tried on a different one and it poped up. Thanks for your concern.