Sign in with
Your question

Screen Jerking/Twitching?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2012 10:49:10 PM

I recently bought a Sapphire 7850 with a 550W power supply, and I noticed that I get this hardly noticeable screen jerking, in an upwards movement, and I also sometimes get horizontal static faint white lines, but thats not my main concern.

8.00 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz
AMD A6-3650 CPU
Gigabyte GA-A75M-D2H mobo
ZORAN TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (7850)
977GB HD

All my graphic drivers are up to date, I did OC the clocks on the gpu, but it started before I did that, and I tried changing them back to default and still happening.
I tried going into the BIOS and disabling the onboard graphics but I couldn't find the option to.

April 26, 2012 10:57:30 PM

What brand and model of PSU? Are you using HDMI to connect to the TV or something else? Have you tried testing with a real computer monitor? Are your GPU drivers up to date (12.4)?
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:09:13 PM

Gpu drivers are up to date, I am using a OCZ brand power supply. I have it connected to the monitor mentioned above with a vga-dvi adapter on the GPU
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2012 11:12:27 PM

Try a real computer monitor (not a TV!). TVs suck not only in terms of PPI but also display modes. Regular monitors tend to be plug and play, but TVs often need many configuration changes on the software side to get things to work perfectly. You could look into CCC's TV configuration options and tweak those.
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:14:38 PM

also try a striaght DVI setup.

VGA could be causing the issues
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:16:55 PM

Monitors are expensive. Not only that but there must be a straight up answer other then, idk go buy a new monitor
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:18:53 PM

Quote:
Regular monitors tend to be plug and play, but TVs often need many configuration changes on the software side to get things to work perfectly. You could look into CCC's TV configuration options and tweak those.

Must've missed it when you went to rage reply. ;) 
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:25:13 PM

AustinA said:
Monitors are expensive. Not only that but there must be a straight up answer other then, idk go buy a new monitor

Well he is correct. Off brand TVs are probably even more finicky then a name brand. So it may be just that, as in go buy a new monitor. Not that im saying that is the solution, recently ive been building a few custom HTPCs and using them on my Dynex 46 inch 1080p TV and there are no issues and that isnt exactly a name brand either. Hard to tell. Could be the input onthe TV, try a different input.
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:30:46 PM

It is an Emerson brand btw, forgot to mention that.
m
l
April 27, 2012 4:58:03 AM

If you can't find a monitor to test your own GPU on, find a laptop to test your TV on, plug into the same port and if it does it on the laptop (or other desktop..) then it's the port, try a different port, still doing it? TV.
m
l
!