Radeon 5770 causing BSODs?!

mikeeb

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hey guys. My computer has always gotten a few random BSODs, but nothing ever constant like this. Every time I try to log onto my computer, I get a x0000124 error. The computer does start in safe mode, however it is useless in normal mode. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a fix for this. If it runs completely perfect in safe mode, would that mean that it is only a software problem? I had not installed anything new when this first started, so I am suprised why it just randomly began.

Specs:
Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
Gigabyte P67 UD4-B3
Bios: Award Modular Bios v6.00 PG
Hawk Radeon 5770 Video Card

Driver used the most: M Audio Profire driver

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start in order to figure out what the problem is? I have tried msconfig with selective startup, unchecked load startup items, and then disabled all non microsoft services, but that has not helped. I also tried uninstalling my sound drivers to see if they were conflicting with the m audio, but this did not help..

If you want me to post the dump files, just tell me how and I will do it right away. Thank you SO much for your help I really do appreciate it. This has been nagging me for weeks and I have not been able to record anything :(

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
0x124 is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. That's a pretty bad sign, which usually indicates hardware failure, especially if it just started happening out of nowhere. Check your event log for the crash and post the parameters. You can match them to the documentation on Microsoft's website to determine the problem that it detected.

mikeeb

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
If that is true though, why would it work so perfectly in safe mode? I can do everything in safe mode however I cannot even boot up in regular mode. That does not make sense to me,...