$500 Prebuilt Laptop to supplement a homebuild thoughts?

that1bozo

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Just want to say I don't need any side talk, I am currently on the forums getting nitpicked as is over a custom build the "budget" I have for that is crazy under the projected mark so I want to supplement it with another purchase...

lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992PU) Notebook AMD A-Series A6-3420M(1.5GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Equipped w/ 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6650M

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328

I'll use it when I travel, and mostly it'll be played for browser based games with my daughter, never owned a laptop personally and just wondering if this will do the trick? I read in the reviews it plays some of the newer games but I doubt it will see any of those, nice to know it could if I get bored but it'll mostly be for her with tiny browser based games, like a family laptop w/ occasional game capabilities.

TL; DR

Is it feasible as a family laptop that can surf the web and play music while doing a browser based game?

Solution
If that's what you want to do with the laptop then you should have no trouble doing so , but as with all budget priced laptops you can't expect to play some of the more high performance games. The games you have described will play without problems and it will do all the normal web surfing and playing movies and can even be used for work with all of the Microsoft Office programs.
Just be aware of the battery life when not at home and maybe pick up a car charger so if you were traveling your kids can watch movies or play some preloaded games while in the car.
If that's what you want to do with the laptop then you should have no trouble doing so , but as with all budget priced laptops you can't expect to play some of the more high performance games. The games you have described will play without problems and it will do all the normal web surfing and playing movies and can even be used for work with all of the Microsoft Office programs.
Just be aware of the battery life when not at home and maybe pick up a car charger so if you were traveling your kids can watch movies or play some preloaded games while in the car.

Solution

that1bozo

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Will do about the car charger, thank you for the speedy response and yeah I won't try to run BF3 on ultra with a budget laptop lol not sure why some people do inane things like that to begin with..