frequently-used programs on the xp start menu

none of my programs are showing up on the start menu!

I can pin programs to the menu but my frequently-used programs dont show up.
there used to be a bar or line under my IE explorer and New Office Document
shortcuts, but not any longer. Any yes I set the limit of shortcuts to show
as least 5.
3 answers Last reply
More about frequently used programs start menu

    Start Menu Most Frequently Used programs (MFU) list is empty
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmfu.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:57C3479C-E399-4AB6-B1A2-92D9622E81A7@microsoft.com,
    Derzicom <Derzicom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > none of my programs are showing up on the start menu!
    >
    > I can pin programs to the menu but my frequently-used programs dont
    > show up. there used to be a bar or line under my IE explorer and New
    > Office Document shortcuts, but not any longer. Any yes I set the
    > limit of shortcuts to show as least 5.

    Yes, It helped! Thank you very much :)
    I had to delete:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

    any idea of why this happend?

    Do you have XP Pro?

    These two policies in Group Policy.

    User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
    Policy: Disable user tracking (NoInstrumentation)
    Policy: Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu
    (NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:A367A6AF-2ED3-468B-8842-1937667951BF@microsoft.com,
    Derzicom <Derzicom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Yes, It helped! Thank you very much :)
    > I had to delete:

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
    er]

    > any idea of why this happend?

Configuration Start Menu Windows XP