• Nvidia
  • Quadro
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2012 8:00:33 AM

Hello,

I have the nvidia quadro 4000, it only has two display port outputs but i wanted to set up three monitors which actually run as three individual screen, not an image spanned across two.
Is there any way of doing this with what i have?

More about : hook monitors outputs

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
April 27, 2012 8:13:31 AM

From what I can gather from the specs that card only has 2 active display channels so as with most Nvidia cards you can on have 2 monitors active at one time. With the exception of the GTX680 Nvidia graphics cards require 2 cards to use 3 or more monitors.
m
l
April 27, 2012 9:12:59 AM

Is there any sort of adapter that you can connect to the graphics card that can give you additional outputs or am i dreaming.
m
l
Related resources
April 27, 2012 9:55:32 AM

would hooking up one monitor directly to the graphics card and then the other two monitors with a dualhead2go be an option
m
l
a b C Monitor
April 27, 2012 10:16:58 AM

No. Older nvidia cards as stated above can only display 2 seperate monitors, the new 600 series can do 3+1.
m
l
a b C Monitor
April 27, 2012 8:57:08 PM

corza1234 said:
Is there any sort of adapter that you can connect to the graphics card that can give you additional outputs or am i dreaming.

You can run all three, you just require an "active" display port to DVI adapter (NOT PASSIVE) for the third monitor.
m
l
April 27, 2012 11:51:19 PM

well i bought the zotac dual hdmi adapter in the hope that i can run one monitor straight out of one port and the other two with the adapter from the other port, but all i got at first was an image spanned across the the two monitors on that adapter and then when i finally got individual screens, i ended up having two mouse cursors on those screens, one on each
m
l
a b C Monitor
April 28, 2012 12:00:41 AM

corza1234 said:
well i bought the zotac dual hdmi adapter in the hope that i can run one monitor straight out of one port and the other two with the adapter from the other port, but all i got at first was an image spanned across the the two monitors on that adapter and then when i finally got individual screens, i ended up having two mouse cursors on those screens, one on each

Which is what I expected to happen since it's effectively a splitter. Matrox TripleHead2Go DisplayPort edition works a little differently.
m
l
!