How to hook up three monitors with only two DP outputs

corza1234

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Hello,

I have the nvidia quadro 4000, it only has two display port outputs but i wanted to set up three monitors which actually run as three individual screen, not an image spanned across two.
Is there any way of doing this with what i have?

From what I can gather from the specs that card only has 2 active display channels so as with most Nvidia cards you can on have 2 monitors active at one time. With the exception of the GTX680 Nvidia graphics cards require 2 cards to use 3 or more monitors.

sk1939

Distinguished

You can run all three, you just require an "active" display port to DVI adapter (NOT PASSIVE) for the third monitor.

corza1234

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
well i bought the zotac dual hdmi adapter in the hope that i can run one monitor straight out of one port and the other two with the adapter from the other port, but all i got at first was an image spanned across the the two monitors on that adapter and then when i finally got individual screens, i ended up having two mouse cursors on those screens, one on each

sk1939

Distinguished

Which is what I expected to happen since it's effectively a splitter. Matrox TripleHead2Go DisplayPort edition works a little differently.