LP156WH1-TLA1 (1366x768@60Hz)
256MB GeForce 8200M G (HP) 57 °C
Hard Drives
466GB Seagate ST9500420AS ATA Device (SATA) 43 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP08NU6B ATA Device
Audio
Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

As you can see these temps are pretty warm, and I've got readings of 113C when playing games! Is this a temperature sensor issue? According to AMD, the CPU turns of when it hits 100C. Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

iBushay

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
to me it seems to be a sensor issue, check that all your bios and drivers are up to date, if the cpu was actually running at 113c you would almost definitley feel excess heat coming from the laptop and it would have shut down or blue screened. I would contact your supplier if you have any warranty and see what they say.

rdc85

Honorable
Since the comp not auto turn off the reading is hard to belive. at 80-90c u will notice performance drop things go lagging and such....

if it a sensor or the decode ic is broken then nothing much we can do, it usually need a replacement...

If the reading somehow true. u might wanna add cooling pads or tilt the lappy couple of degree using books or etc, to prolog the lifetimes..

(or u can try dissamble to clean from the dust and replace the thermal pad/paste of the lappy, but it'll void the warranty and somewhat tricky to do..)

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
The best way to tell if the sensor is broken, or not supported, is to put your hand near the exhaust and use your own judgment if the computer is putting out that kind of heat, trust you'll be able to tell. If it seems relatively warm and its says its still at 113 C, than chances are your sensor is busted. If it is near searing hot than your sensor is right and the cpu is working outside its thermal envelope, which is kinda unusual. Anyways, a simple solution to cooling down a laptop is to take canned air to clean out the exhaust and then use a cooling pad. ie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834992853

Anyways, best of luck with that.