TennisTheMenace

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hello,
I am buildin a PC and wanted to get the Internet's opinion before I bought everything. As far as I could tell everything is compatible, but please correct me if I am wrong about that, also.

This computer will be used in some light gaming, 3D modeling, Graphic design, and some programming purposes.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K (Will be overclocking - not sure how much yet.)
CPU Fan: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
MB: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
RAM: G. Skill Trident X Series 16 GB 2133 MhZ
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N65TOC-2GI GeForce GTX650Ti
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Limerick

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

The build is good but the overclocking for the cpu is not really needed. You say light gaming and 3d modeling, and graphic design is all your going to be doing is the most intense stuff then the overclock isn't needed (that also eliminates the need for something other than the stock heatsink for the cpu). Everything else looks nice, though if you have the cash getting a 660 and overclocking to the 660ti performance would be great.

TennisTheMenace

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks. I might not overclock right away but I am trying to build this to last as long as possible, so if I start doing tasks for which overclocking might be optimal, I will have the aftermarket heatsink, since it is only $30 anyway. However, I don't think I have the $100+ to upgrade to the 660 and I should be fine overclocking the 650, I think.