Sign in with
Your question

Help me with mobo and psu :D

Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2012 6:43:10 PM

My current (now past) gaming pc completely god powned,i was stupid to use a very bad PSU,and it actually exploded,and i got all my hardware was broken :( .So i really need a gaming pc now,but i am quite short on budget,i was thinking about i5 3570k,and an asus gtx 560 DCII
Heres what i already decided

Corsair Carbide 400R
Samsung DVD RW
Caviar Black 3.5" 500gb 7200RPM 32MB Cache
i5 3570k
Asus DCII GTX 560
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Red 1866mHz(not low profile)

As you see i still lack a MOBO and a PSU

I am planning to buy another GTX 560 and SLI with this one,when my pc wont be powerful enough,and get a H100 for high overclocking on the 3570K

How do you like the idea?Or should i get a GTX 670,but i wont be able to get PSU and MOBO for SLI'ing,cuz as i said i am short on budget,and so with a GTX 670 i wont have a future proof build.

I am gonna shop at my local PC store,cuz no sites ship to my country (Lithuania),and theres no real budget,i could tweak it maybe to 3300 litas,which is 1200,and note,that prices at newegg and amazon arent the same at my local shop,it has a internet site,though i doubt you will understand anything :D  but here http://www.skytech.lt/

so sorry for long text,but thanks for reading :D 

More about : mobo psu

June 21, 2012 6:44:58 PM

Actually, 2 560s are not as powerful as one 670, so you will have enough power for a few years.
June 21, 2012 6:48:30 PM

azeem40 said:
Actually, 2 560s are not as powerful as one 670, so you will have enough power for a few years.

I am sorry to say this,but this doesnt actually anwser my question fully,then i will try to push my budget a little more,what is the cheapest mobo for the 670 that wont hit the performance?like asrock z77 pro3?
Related resources
June 21, 2012 6:51:24 PM

geekapproved said:
You need to decide if your SLI'ing or going with a single card before anyone can suggest a psu.

I recommend this mobo for a budget. It's 10% right now too. SLI ready.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If i go with the 560 i will sli,and if with 670,then i probably wont,and if i will,i will need to work hard for some extra cash,so what mobo if i would sli 670 and if i wouldnt?also the psu
June 21, 2012 7:54:44 PM

did you try and rebuild the old pc and use the vendor warranties and try and rma the parts?? I can see the mb and cpu frying with a bad power supply but were you able to test the hard drives and any other parts to see if you could save some money on the new build. have you tried to make a mony claim to the power supply vendor. check your country laws...here in the us we would have taken the vendor of the power supply to small claims court.
June 22, 2012 2:13:17 PM

yenzas said:
If i go with the 560 i will sli,and if with 670,then i probably wont,and if i will,i will need to work hard for some extra cash,so what mobo if i would sli 670 and if i wouldnt?also the psu

Go back and read my post, apparently you missed it.
!