Radeon 7850 question

Considering purchasing this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129230 as its within my 250 dollar price range. Is this a good card for that price range and will it run modern games like BF3 and Diablo 3 and The Old Republic ect on high decently?
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7850 question
  1. That's the card I'd get if I were going for a new $250 GPU. It's the best card available at that price range, and yes it will run those games fine. It will max D3 & TOR easily and should play BF3 fine on ultra, possibly with MSAA turned down.

If you overclock it (which I highly recommend - all the 7xxx cards have a huge amount of overclocking headroom), it should give you around GTX 580 performance, which is amazing considering the price.
  2. I dont overclock, dont trust it
  3. Yes it would be fine for what you are doing. But please list your specs.

I don't know what do you mean by 'dont trust it'
  4. Overclocking is only risky if you increase voltages, which you don't need to do on 7xxx series cards to get big overclocks.

I do know that some people are just dead-set against it, though.
  5. I have an AMD PHenom II 955 3.21ghz. Im against overclocking because I dont want to do something wrong and burn out the card or have it burn up faster.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics Product