Best AMD Processor for video editing?

Caddellca

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I am a hardcore video editor. I use many many special effects and stuff like that. I also do a lot of graphic design. I use Cinema 4D and Adobe Illustrator a ton. I mainly work with Adobe products. Gaming doesn't really matter to me. I have an Xbox that I play occasionally. However if the processor recommended just happens to be okay with gaming as well I don't mind. I am strictly looking for AMD. No Intel. Please don't even recommend it. I have my mind set on AMD right now. Please inform me what processor would be best for a mainly video/graphic design computer. Thank you all so much i really appreciate it.

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012

+1

Only kiddding.

You will need as many cores as you can get, at as high a rate clock speed as you can.

FX-8350 + Alot of RAM + High End CPU and more than likely an SSD

But yeah best AMD you can get FX-8350

Caddellca

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Awesome.

I will go with the FX-8350, 16gb of ram (32gb in the near future) and as far as graphics go i have one picked out i just can't remember the name.

The reason I don't want Intel is strictly because of price. Intel makes quality product no doubt, but I don't want to blow tons of money on it.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012

I totally agree! AMD has a better value, the FX-8350 performs just about on par or a little bit better in some areas compared to the i7-2600k and can even compete with the i7-2700k in some areas. It's a good processor! How ever, if you lived my microcenter you could pick up a i7-2700k for $230.00 but AMD's mobo's are still cheaper in price. For RAM I reccomend Corsair for video editing. They have some cool tech out there...