Sign in with
Your question

PC Boot Beep Code

Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2012 7:36:36 PM

I just finished upgrading my CPU cooler and when I hooked everything back up I got a beep code and my computer would not boot. I did some research on a couple site with the beep codes and the three beeps I get are supposedly a memory error. It's an AMI bios and everything I found says that it's a Base 64K RAM error. This seems odd to me seeing how I didn't do anything with the RAM. I tried removing all 4 sticks and putting them back in individually and I am getting the same 3 beeps. What the heck could have caused all 4 sticks of memory to go bad just from swapping out my CPU cooler. My RAM is lifetime warrantied by GSkill but I don't want to RMA 4 sticks without first being sure. Any tips or suggestions? Would by much appreciated ;) 

More about : boot beep code

June 21, 2012 8:08:09 PM

So I searched around for some more info and I got the idea to remove all the RAM and see what beeps I get and it is still the same 3 beeps so now I am at a real loss here :( 
m
l
June 21, 2012 8:47:47 PM

I just removed the CPU cooler and tried resitting the CPU just in case it was not in properly and still the same issue. My mobo is an ASRock 970 Extreme3 and I checked their FAQ site and they have a chart that says 3 beeps with no memory installed is a debug code 53 but I cannot find what that means anywhere. I submitted a tech support request to them but who knows how long that could take.
m
l
Related resources
June 21, 2012 8:54:05 PM

unlucky, I'm a complete newbie really but maybe its the memory on your motherboard thats gone? (your bios memory) Thought i'd just say something as nobody else has popped up yet. They should do soon...
m
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
June 21, 2012 9:09:34 PM

try removing the graphics card

and leaving the RAM installed .
m
l
June 21, 2012 10:39:21 PM

Thanks for the reply...sadly same exact three beeps with the graphics card removed
m
l
June 21, 2012 10:40:32 PM

spat55 said:
unlucky, I'm a complete newbie really but maybe its the memory on your motherboard thats gone? (your bios memory) Thought i'd just say something as nobody else has popped up yet. They should do soon...

This has become one of my thoughts as well which is why I submitted a tech support request to ASRock to see if maybe an RMA is in the cards.
m
l
!