Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Final Review of build

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 21, 2012 8:18:53 PM

Please don't start two threads on the same topic. :p 
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:20:43 PM

Merueth said:
Please don't start two threads on the same topic. :p 


I deleted it lol
m
0
l
Related resources
June 21, 2012 8:21:12 PM

dragon3344 said:
I deleted it lol

Why?
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:23:37 PM

Merueth said:
Why?


long story. But can u tell me what u think of this build?
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:30:13 PM

dragon3344 said:
long story. But can u tell me what u think of this build?

Again, the only reason you would get an i7 for gaming is if you like throwing money away.

You should be cutting everything you can to at least get a GTX 670. If you don't have one at that budget I don't know what you're thinking.

First to go would be the PSU, which should be downgraded to 750 watts if you plan to add a second graphics card in the future, and 550 watts if you don't.
Secondly, 16GB of RAM is also useless for a gamer, so cut that to 8GB and save money.
THirdly, change the 3770 to a 3570k, and get a Z77 board such as the ASRock Extreme4/6.
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:37:08 PM

Mereuth is right.

You are spending more on stuff you don't need. And on top of it, you have a Hyper 212 picked out and you aren't even overclocking with that build.
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:44:40 PM

Merueth said:
Again, the only reason you would get an i7 for gaming is if you like throwing money away.

You should be cutting everything you can to at least get a GTX 670. If you don't have one at that budget I don't know what you're thinking.

First to go would be the PSU, which should be downgraded to 750 watts if you plan to add a second graphics card in the future, and 550 watts if you don't.
Secondly, 16GB of RAM is also useless for a gamer, so cut that to 8GB and save money.
THirdly, change the 3770 to a 3570k, and get a Z77 board such as the ASRock Extreme4/6.


I know but I dont want to upgrade in the future I want it to last along time
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:45:06 PM

Merueth said:
Again, the only reason you would get an i7 for gaming is if you like throwing money away.

You should be cutting everything you can to at least get a GTX 670. If you don't have one at that budget I don't know what you're thinking.

First to go would be the PSU, which should be downgraded to 750 watts if you plan to add a second graphics card in the future, and 550 watts if you don't.
Secondly, 16GB of RAM is also useless for a gamer, so cut that to 8GB and save money.
THirdly, change the 3770 to a 3570k, and get a Z77 board such as the ASRock Extreme4/6.


I know but I dont want to upgrade in the future I want it to last along time
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:47:03 PM

i7 and 16 GB of RAM will make no difference in the future, because by the time most games utilize that much RAM, you'll need a new graphics card anyway.
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 8:53:55 PM

Merueth said:
i7 and 16 GB of RAM will make no difference in the future, because by the time most games utilize that much RAM, you'll need a new graphics card anyway.


Ok fine. I guess your right. Could you find me a good list. I wanna play bf3 on ultra along with black ops 2 when it comes out.

Thanks :) 
m
0
l
June 21, 2012 9:15:14 PM

Save yourself the time and effort and refer to my signature. :)  Except, since you clearly have the funds, swap out the video card with the 670.
m
0
l
!