Deploy System Restore from Desktop

February 15, 2005 11:08:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is there a way to do this?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:16:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Make a shortcut of %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe on your desktop.
Right click on blank area of
desktop>New>Shortcut>"%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" paste
this command (without quotes) in the location of the item>give it a
name>finish

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

> Is there a way to do this?

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:16:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks - BUT, I thought I had fixed System Restore, but I was wrong. I
created a Restore Point - but, without rebooting, it disappeared. Unless
you can tell me how to fix THIS problem, the shortcut won't do me any good.
FYI, to "fix" the problem, I followed one of the Microsoft "FAQs" number
302796.

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> Make a shortcut of %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe on your
> desktop.
> Right click on blank area of
> desktop>New>Shortcut>"%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" paste this
> command (without quotes) in the location of the item>give it a name>finish
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> +++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to do this?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:46:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

so your problem is different but earlier your post's heading ["Deploy
System Restore from Desktop"] was different'I thought you wanted to have
a shortcut of SR.
Anyway thanks.
regards,
ssg MS-MVP