Solved

What type of case do I need?

Hi guys. I was just browsing the CyberPc website, and was wondering what type of case would be ideal for this rig, and why?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+40]

CS_FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) [+29] (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing 17 dBA)

FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+14] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (FREE Upgrade To 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive Only))

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [+0] (Corsair Vengeance [+9])

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+66]

OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]

POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+243] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)


Before someone says "build your own computer", not really interested in that!

Thanks!

EDIT: forgot to mention that this will be used for gaming purposes only!
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what type case need
  1. Case:COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Black Mesh, Plastic, Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257#top


    Case:COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119245#top

    Case:NZXT SWITCH 810 Matte Black CA-SW810-M1 Steel / Plastic ATX HYBIRD Full Tower Gaming Computer Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146095#top


    Case:Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with Five Fans, window side panel, top HDD dock

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107#top
  2. What benefits do those have over others... I mean I coulda easily went on google and searched as well you know...
  3. Best answer
    Those are all good cases just different styles cases are personal choice those all have everything you need for that build i just picked different ones since you didn't mention no budget or rather you wanted mid tower or full tower so i gave you a mix of options
    + Unique visual appearance and styling
    + Versatile storage/cooling options
    + water-cooling accommodation spots
    + Clearance for high-end components
    + Great cable management
    if you prefer google knock yourself out
  4. Best answer selected by legendaswd.
  5. Yes, and you also could have google searched what case specs are relevant :P
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    Those are all good cases just different styles cases are personal choice those all have everything you need for that build i just picked different ones since you didn't mention no budget or rather you wanted mid tower or full tower so i gave you a mix of options
    + Unique visual appearance and styling
    + Versatile storage/cooling options
    + water-cooling accommodation spots
    + Clearance for high-end components
    + Great cable management
    if you prefer google knock yourself out


    Thanks man, I'm actually using CyberPC, so they have limited options... here's the list, mind choosing the best one for the best price? :D

    15* Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display (Black Color with 200mm UV Blue LED Fan)

    15* Apevia X-Trooper LED Light Mid-Tower Case w/ Side Window (Blue LED Light Color)

    Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0

    In-Win Mana 136 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    NZXT H2 Classic Silent Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    Cooler Master Elite 431 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window

    Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage

    Cooler Master Storm Scout II Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Carrying Handles

    15* Raidmax Blade Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window

    20* Raidmax Agusta Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x USB 3.0 Port, Fan & LED Light Control

    Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    15* Raidmax Viper Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x USB 3.0 Port & Side Window Panel

    Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, HD Dock & Side Window

    Zalman Z9 Plus Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Fan Controller, Temperature Display & Side panel Window

    Zalman Z11 Plus Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0 & Side-Panel Window

    Cases Support 240mm Liquid Cooling
    20* Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

    20* Azza Genesis 9000 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 2 x 230mm fans, 4x Easy Swap HDD, Dual Power Supply Support, & front USB 3.0 Port

    Azza Fusion 3000 Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x 140mm & 2x 120mm fans, front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap, & 360MM liquid cooling ready

    Azza Fusion 4000 Super Full-Tower 2-in-1 Gaming Case w/ Dual System Support, Dual PSU Support, 1x 140mm & 2x 120mm Fans, Front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap, 480MM Liquid Cooling Ready

    20* Cooler Master HAF-XM Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 2x 200mm fan, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock HDD HotSwap

    Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ dual 200mm fans, integrated fan controller, front USB 3.0 Port & Side-Panel Window

    Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 4x SATA Hot-Swap Drive Bays & Side-Panel Window

    30* Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Mid-Tower Gaming Case

    Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 200mm Fan, Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock, and Easy Carry Handle

    Cooler Master Storm Stryker Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 200mm Fan, Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock, and Easy Carry Handle

    30* Cooler Master HAF-X Gaming Full Tower Case w/ 1x230mm Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port

    In-Win Dragon Rider Full Tower Case w/ 1x120mm Front Fan, 1x220mm LED Side Fan, Front USB 3.0 x 2 & Water-Cooling Hole Ready

    In-Win GRone Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0, & EZ-Swap HD Dock

    Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side Panel Window

    Thermaltake Level 10GTS Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ EasySwap HDD bays, 2x Front USB 3.0 Ports, & Headset Holder

    Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower Wide Body Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window

    Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays

    I know I'm asking for a lot, but if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated! :kaola:
  7. Rosewill Blackhawk or COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper or Corsair Carbide 300R get whichever is cheaper
  8. bigcyco1 said:
    Rosewill Blackhawk or COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper or Corsair Carbide 300R get whichever is cheaper


    Will all of the cases that you mentioned be able to fit a 680 or a 7970? And I think my final question is relating to the features that come with these cases... I just want the machine to manage everything haha... I wouldn't know what to do if it were manual... Which case would that be? Is there anything else I will have control over? Like the chipset (Which is already going to be overclocked when shipped).
  9. well some 7970's are pretty big just to be safe i double checked and i think your best going with Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 200mm Fan, Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock, and Easy Carry Handle
    and you can go to cooler master main site and download copy of manual also here is a professional review of the case which will talk about all features and elect. http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cm_storm_trooper_review,1.html
  10. bigcyco1 said:
    well some 7970's are pretty big just to be safe i double checked and i think your best going with Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 200mm Fan, Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0 & X-Dock, and Easy Carry Handle
    and you can go to cooler master main site and download copy of manual also here is a professional review of the case which will talk about all features and elect. http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cm_storm_trooper_review,1.html


    I was looking at the rosewill blackhawk... It's cheaper, and it has 4 fans already pre-installed. I just checked and the card will most likely fit into it as well. Also, it's about 2x's cheaper as well o.o
  11. legendaswd said:
    I was looking at the rosewill blackhawk... It's cheaper, and it has 4 fans already pre-installed. I just checked and the card will most likely fit into it as well. Also, it's about 2x's cheaper as well o.o
    :D great news get it then it's a very nice case the thing i like about it is most cases that are as good quality and feature rich cost like $130 yet it only cost $89.99 at newegg :)
  12. bigcyco1 said:
    :D great news get it then it's a very nice case the thing i like about it is most cases that are as good quality and feature rich cost like $130 yet it only cost $89.99 at newegg :)


    Haha! Okay than, this is my final build of my new computer. Can you just check it over to see if everything is fine, like if the combo's work good together, fans, liquid cooling? Things like that.

    Here's the link:

    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EJXBR

    Thanks!

    EDIT: Also, do you mind checking if everything that this thing will work right out of the box? Like I turn it on and VOILA! I can play games instantly? :D By the way, I chose to not include an operating system because I have a disk at home, that shouldn't effect the working of the rig in anyway right?

    Thanks, again!
  13. hmm... i think i am reading it wrong shows bottom of the barrel budget motherboard and reference 7970 are those suppose to be there?
  14. bigcyco1 said:
    hmm... i think i am reading it wrong shows bottom of the barrel budget motherboard and reference 7970 are those suppose to be there?


    Here it is, I just copy/pasted it. I included everything including the items that I said none to because I'm not sure if they are really necessary or not. And please try to answer all the questions!

    EDIT: Since the cpu is going to be overclocked, would I need a heatsink?


    Configuration
    NOTE: This configuration doesn't include any Operation System.

    *BASE_PRICE: [+629]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
    CARE2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
    CAS: Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, HD Dock & Side Window [+55]
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    CD2: None
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
    ENGRAVING: None
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
    FLASHMEDIA: None
    FREEBIE_MB: None
    FREEBIE_VC: None
    GLASSES: None
    HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+0] (Single Drive)
    HDD2: None
    IEEE_CARD: None
    IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    MB_SRT: None
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS)
    MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre E246W-1080P (23.6" Viewable)(Black Color) LED Backlight, Built-in Speaker, DVI, HDMI Input [+248]
    MONITOR2: None
    MONITOR3: None
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+64]
    MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
    OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
    POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+71]
    RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
    SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 Speakers System [+65]
    TEMP: None
    TUNING: None
    TVRC: None
    USB: None
    USBFLASH: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+273] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    VIDEO2: None
    VIDEO3: None
    VIDEOCAMERA1: Creative Live! Cam Socialize w/ Noise-Canceling Microphone [+25]
    WNC: None
    _PRICE: (+1535)
    _view_: {B2FA05EB-D93E-4227-AE28-F66B1ADDDBE3}
    _load_: 10/26/2012 3:26:28 PM
  15. o.k. yes the motherboard is not the correct one i didn't recommend that did you decide that?If not you need to have it corrected as that motherboard is not correct Also if the motherboard is going to be sent to you already overclocked then i assume the closed loop water cooling they will be hooking that up to your cpu so no you don't need another cooler
  16. bigcyco1 said:
    o.k. yes the motherboard is not the correct one i didn't recommend that did you decide that?If not you need to have it corrected as that motherboard is not correct Also if the motherboard is going to be sent to you already overclocked then i assume the closed loop water cooling they will be hooking that up to your cpu so no you don't need another cooler


    I've read great review about it. It's like the ideal gaming motherboard. What else would you suggest in its place though?
  17. Oh so you did pick it o.k. well if that is what you want then go for it it's your build not mine bud i just didn't know if that was a error or not because that wasn't the one i recommended you to get but i don't care you changed it i just thought it was a mistake
  18. bigcyco1 said:
    Oh so you did pick it o.k. well if that is what you want then go for it it's your build not mine bud i just didn't know if that was a error or not because that wasn't the one i recommended you to get but i don't care you changed it i just thought it was a mistake


    I really don't need the pro one haha. So everything listed is compatible right? And It'll work as soon as I get it? :D
    SO EXCITED!
  19. It should if they put it together correctly of course it's going to work!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product