What CPU works best with:

legendaswd

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hey guys! I just had a question. What CPU works best with HD 7970, or a GTX 680?
Currently, I'm thinking of buying an overclocked i5 3570.

Thanks!

legendaswd

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
if you want the overclocked one it will be the i5-3570k which in my oppinion is more than enough to handle both of those cards and won't bottleneck you at all.

Ok, so since I'm using CyberPC, they will overclock it for me right? And If I chose the Extreme overclock option, how much faster would it be? I'm a complete noob when it comes to hardware, sorry. Also... what is bottlenecking?

iBushay

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
If they state you are getting it overclocked you should expect it overclocked, confirm this with whoever you're buying from first, you will normally have to pay more for them to overclock it before shipping.

The best way to describe bottlenecking is using the image of a beer bottle, fat at the bottom and skinny at the top, the bottom would be the graphics card, the top would be the cpu, although the graphics card is powerful, it can't all be squeezed through the small cpu(top of the bottle) so you're wasting some of it's potential, does that make sense?

iBushay

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
personally i've always preferred nvidia, i've had compatability issues with amd cards in the past and never had half as much problems with nvidia cards, but that's literally just personal preference, I myself have the gtx 680 and it's an awesome card, can play pretty much any game maxed out at well above 60 fps.

legendaswd

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

May I ask what your mobo/cpu setup is? :sol: