Sign in with
Your question

Really Weird problem with GTX460

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2012 6:32:42 PM

Greeting dear community!

I have a Palit GTX460 1GB which is out of warranty. it has the latest drivers and bios and what i write below is consistent in three totally different computers .

It has this weird problem :

1. When i install the card as an only card on the system then , when windows try to load the drivers in the "Welcome" splash screen, then the screen gets black even though the windows behind continue to load successfully. When i switch the cable to onboard igpu then i see in the device manager that it returns "Error code 43 , device reported problems and cannot load" :fou:  :fou: 

BUT and here is the weird part: :ouch:  :ouch: 

2.When i install it as a second card (the first being a 7600GS or a 7300GS or a GTX 560ti) then the card works perfectly even sending signal to a monitor . I checked it with Msi Kombustor , with phys-x games and with extensive cuda processing. :heink:  :heink: 

It seems that only in the first configuration it cannot provide signal for a monitor.

What i can do ???

I mean is there any simple or experimental (i include bios alteration, firmware-driver hacking or anything at all...) way to make it fully usable again ??because there are not any more money ...

Thank you in advance!

More about : weird problem gtx460

April 29, 2012 1:08:45 AM

No-one, people ?
!