Check my build please... about to buy

Aciddrag0n

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I'll mainly be using it for gaming (Diablo 3 currently), picture editing, and remote access. Currently i'm using an old asus p5wdh deluxe with 2gb ram and an old radeon 1800xt, so im need of an upgrade.

Here's what Im looking at:

SSD- OCZ VTX3-25SAT3-60G Vertex 3
CPU- Intel Core i5-2500K
CPU Cooler- existing Scythe NINJA PLUS
MOBO- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel Z68 Board
Memory- Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24
Video Card- GIGABYTE GV-N550OC GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1GB, GDDR5
PSU- Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M Modular Power Supply - 750W
Case- exisiting Coolermaster Centurion
HD- Exisiting Barracuda 500gb 7300rpm
DVD/CD- Existing

Let me know what you think, looking to order tonight or tomorrow

The 550TI is a decent video card and should have no problem maxing out Diablo 3, but for more GPU intensive games you might consider going with a stronger video card.

I would also advise forgetting about the SSD altogether if you're planning on using it as your primary boot drive if you cannot afford one that is at least 128GB. The reason behind this is, its very easy to fill up a 60GB drive these days, especially with Windows7 taking up a good 15GB and a single game can easily take 10GB just for one of them, the juggling act required to keep the SSD from filling up would be annoying and outweigh the benefits. Keep in mind and SSD will not improve your FPS or anything like that, it will merely reduce the load time of the game as it boots up the next level, or when it boots up Windows, etc.