Sign in with
Your question

Will there be any probs with my 680 if...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2012 7:32:44 PM

..I buy it.

I have my eye on an EVGA GTX680 Superclocked and I have a Asus Z77-V. Its not a pro or deluxe and only has a 8+4 voltage regulator thingy and would like to know if this is a problem or will be a problem for running this card?

I hear all these things about phase and I honestly dont know if I should be worrying about it or not? I have a Corsair AX750 W PSU.

Im new at this so this question maybe quite irrelevant. Thanks in advance.

More about : probs 680

April 27, 2012 7:37:00 PM

More voltage regulation = less stress placed on the voltage regulators when you overclock, which results in better overclocking results and longer lifetime on your components if you do overclock.

The voltage regulator on your motherboard is for the CPU (and 8+4 regulation is fine for most CPU overclocks). Graphics cards have their own voltage regulators on them.

So, generally speaking, the quality of your motherboard has little relevance to what quality of graphics card you can put in it. A GTX 680 is going to work just fine in any Z77 motherboard. You don't need to worry about it.
April 27, 2012 7:51:51 PM

Big mac, thank you very very much. You just answered alot of questions for me at once. Ordered.
!