Solved

EVGA GTX 550 SE or Powercolor 6850

THE TITLE IS WRONG I MEANT: EVGA GTX 560 SE VS POWERCOLOR 6850

Hi everyone,

I plan to upgrade my gtx 260 because it's not working properly (overheating) I don't need a boost in performance I just want a card that works properly.

my budget is 130$ MAX and I buy from Canada (I prefer direct canada because they offer free shipping on any 50$+ purshase and it's cheaper too)

Here are the cards that I found:

Powercolor radeon 6850 1GB:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=13630BD3862&vpn=AX6850%201GBD5-DH&manufacture=POWERCOLOR

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131374

EVGA 560 GTX SE (it's a new card wich has the same performance as a 460 GTX) the only review I found is in Chineese but you can translate it with google translate there are benchmarks so it gives a nice idea of its performance:

Review: http://www.expreview.com/18741-all.html


GPU: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950BD8586&vpn=01G-P3-1464-KR&manufacture=Others

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130770

Powercolor 6790 (less powerfull then the 2 others):

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=13630BD2028&vpn=AX6790%201GBD5-DH&manufacture=POWERCOLOR

My questions are:

- Which is the best choice between these cards?
- Do you know other cards that could perform better that suit my budget?
- Is Powercolor a reliable GPU brand?

Thank you
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga powercolor 6850
  1. I would recommend getting a gtx 560 It is actually not equal to a gtx 460 but about 20% more powerful. Go to newegg.com if you want to find reviews on it.
  2. Dhorkas said:
    I would recommend getting a gtx 560 It is actually not equal to a gtx 460 but about 20% more powerful. Go to newegg.com if you want to find reviews on it.



    the card showed you is not a GTX 560 but a GTX 560 SE wich is less powerfull than a GTX 560 I can't afford a normal GTX 560 since the cheapest one costs 180$

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162084

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD8622&vpn=ENGTX560%20DC/2DI/1GD5&manufacture=ASUS
  3. Zbiba1 said:
    Hi everyone,

    I plan to upgrade my gtx 260 because it's not working properly (overheating) I don't need a boost in performance I just want a card that works properly.

    my budget is 130$ MAX and I buy from Canada (I prefer direct canada because they offer free shipping on any 50$+ purshase and it's cheaper too)

    Here are the cards that I found:

    Powercolor radeon 6850 1GB:

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=13630BD3862&vpn=AX6850%201GBD5-DH&manufacture=POWERCOLOR

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131374

    EVGA 560 GTX SE (it's a new card wich has the same performance as a 460 GTX) the only review I found is in Chineese but you can translate it with google translate there are benchmarks so it gives a nice idea of its performance:

    Review: http://www.expreview.com/18741-all.html


    GPU: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950BD8586&vpn=01G-P3-1464-KR&manufacture=Others

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130770

    Powercolor 6790 (less powerfull then the 2 others):

    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=13630BD2028&vpn=AX6790%201GBD5-DH&manufacture=POWERCOLOR

    My questions are:

    - Which is the best choice between these cards?
    - Do you know other cards that could perform better that suit my budget?
    - Is Powercolor a reliable GPU brand?

    Thank you


    If your card is overheating, try blowing the dust out of it. I had to take mine apart to do it and cleaned the mess of the thermal paste up and reapplied arctic silver 5 and it works fine again. You might want to look at an aftermarket cooler for the card, too.
  4. Already don I tried removing dust use another driver still freezes after 10 min on crysis 2 but when I tried with my brother's GTX 460 it worked like a charm for over an hour
  5. IDK if we can UP in this website so I'm sorry if we can't but I would really like to have some answers...
  6. 6850 no doubt about it
  7. maxinexus said:


    1- the cards you compared are not the same: u picked a 560 gtx not a 560 GTX SE

    2- take a look at the chineese review I send you we can see that the 560 GTX SE performs better then a 7770 wich has about the same performance as the 6850

    What do you think about it, is the gtx 560 SE more powerfull than a 6850?

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135-9.html

    http://www.expreview.com/18741-all.html#para5
  8. spentshells said:
    6850 no doubt about it


    Why?
  9. more performance less power
  10. spentshells said:
    more performance less power


    ok, and is powercolor a good GPU brand because it's 30$-40$ cheaper then the others?
  11. theautumnsbest said:


    I don't like MIR, I heared that they take 3 months to arrive....
  12. if you don't plan to overclock there is nothing wrong with powercolour
  13. And if I plan to overclock in the future?

    Do you think EVGA heatsinks are better
  14. So what's better a EVGA 560 gtx se or a powercolor Radeon 6850?
  15. Do not get the 560 GTX SE it sucks
  16. spentshells said:
    Do not get the 560 GTX SE it sucks


    thank you for your answer but could you give some arguments because the only thing you say is pick this one it's good don't pick this one it's bad but WHY is it better and WHY does the gtx 560 SE suck? Is it only because it's SE ? look at the bench it looks like it performes pretty well...

    http://www.expreview.com/18741-all.html
  17. Quote:


    thank you for your answer, I would really LOVE to pay a bit more for a better card but I can't, the card I'm gonna buy now I'm gonna change it in year it's only for a short time.

    The maximum I can pay is 130$ because it's gonna be like 150$ with the taxes and I can't afford to pay more
  18. Best answer
    560 SE is a chopped up 460 gtx which without being gutted still performs under the 6850


    so in the end you are buying something which is a gutted version of something not as good as the 6850
  19. spentshells said:
    560 SE is a chopped up 460 gtx which without being gutted still performs under the 6850


    so in the end you are buying something which is a gutted version of something not as good as the 6850


    ok, I understand. In that case I'm gonna go with the 6850

    Quote:
    Np.
    I recommend this over the powercolour:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produ [...] 6814161384
    Free game (Dirt 3) and $10 rebate.


    I can't afford that... and I already have dirt 3, and why shouldn't I go with the powercolor one is it a bad brand?
  20. Best answer selected by Zbiba1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx EVGA PowerColor Graphics