How to remove user profiles so that I can autoLOGON in XP?

February 15, 2005 9:39:03 PM

I own a new PC with XP home SP2 installed. It boots through to Windows
without a required logon. Bliss!

I inherited an XP home SP2 PC with several user profiles already installed.
I followed instructions to make myself admin and removed the obsolete
profiles. Still, the machine requires that I logon at each boot up with the
maddening delay that involves. Two days searching the web and tinkering has
been unsuccessful.

QUESTION: Can anyone tell me how to get the used machine back to the default
state of no obvious user profile and/or how to get it to logon automatically
the way a new XP installation does?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:34:16 PM

Here are 9000 search results.

This took 2 seconds rather than 2 days.
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=logon+wi...
http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
"bettyhills" <bettyhills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E82B81D-5976-448C-9134-C6848E2FE27D@microsoft.com...
>I own a new PC with XP home SP2 installed. It boots through to Windows
> without a required logon. Bliss!
>
> I inherited an XP home SP2 PC with several user profiles already installed.
> I followed instructions to make myself admin and removed the obsolete
> profiles. Still, the machine requires that I logon at each boot up with the
> maddening delay that involves. Two days searching the web and tinkering has
> been unsuccessful.
>
> QUESTION: Can anyone tell me how to get the used machine back to the default
> state of no obvious user profile and/or how to get it to logon automatically
> the way a new XP installation does?
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:35:21 PM

Thank you, both.