How to remove user profiles so that I can autoLOGON in XP?

I own a new PC with XP home SP2 installed. It boots through to Windows
without a required logon. Bliss!

I inherited an XP home SP2 PC with several user profiles already installed.
I followed instructions to make myself admin and removed the obsolete
profiles. Still, the machine requires that I logon at each boot up with the
maddening delay that involves. Two days searching the web and tinkering has
been unsuccessful.

QUESTION: Can anyone tell me how to get the used machine back to the default
state of no obvious user profile and/or how to get it to logon automatically
the way a new XP installation does?
3 answers Last reply
More about remove user profiles autologon

    Here are 9000 search results.

    This took 2 seconds rather than 2 days.
    http://groups.google.com.au/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=logon+without+password+XP
    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "bettyhills" <bettyhills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E82B81D-5976-448C-9134-C6848E2FE27D@microsoft.com...
    >I own a new PC with XP home SP2 installed. It boots through to Windows
    > without a required logon. Bliss!
    >
    > I inherited an XP home SP2 PC with several user profiles already installed.
    > I followed instructions to make myself admin and removed the obsolete
    > profiles. Still, the machine requires that I logon at each boot up with the
    > maddening delay that involves. Two days searching the web and tinkering has
    > been unsuccessful.
    >
    > QUESTION: Can anyone tell me how to get the used machine back to the default
    > state of no obvious user profile and/or how to get it to logon automatically
    > the way a new XP installation does?

    Hi bettyhills,

    TweakUI has a setting to logon automatically. Under the Logon Tab, you set
    your username and password once and that is it!

    TweakUI can be found at
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    Thank you, both.

    "Trevor L." wrote:

    > Hi bettyhills,
    >
    > TweakUI has a setting to logon automatically. Under the Logon Tab, you set
    > your username and password once and that is it!
    >
    > TweakUI can be found at
    > Cheers,
    > Trevor L.
    >

    > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
    > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Configuration Customization Windows XP