Parts Preferences: I would like to use an I5-3570K CPU, AS Rock-Z77 Extreme 4, GTX670 with a 23/24" LCD, and SSD
SLI or Crossfire: No
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 or 1920x1200
Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC and be able to play BF3/Diablo 3 on decent settings.
1. What size PSU will fit in this case? I have looked at the Corsair TX-750 (140mm fan) but not sure if this will fit in the Antec Solo II.
2. What type of monitor do you suggest? I have looked at the Samsung S24B300H for $184 AUD. Not sure if it is worth paying extra for 1920x1200 resolution.
3. What size SSD is suitable - 120GB or 240GB?
4. If there are any cheaper suppliers for Perth, Western Australia please let me know.
Hi there. The prices on that website actually look pretty good. Also have a look at MSY. Their website isn't as nice but they are usually about as cheap as it comes for PC components. I just download the pdf pricelist and then call my local to check for stock availability.
1. PSU's are more or less all manufactured to industry standard dimensions. You shouldn't have any problems getting them into that case. The Corsair TX series you are looking at is a good choice.
2. In a lot of ways you get what you pay for with monitors. Without being an expert in the area... make sure it's 2ms. I don't really have a preference from 16:9 to 16:10. I use screens daily at both dimensions, and for me while I wouldn't pay extra for screen real estate, I would for image quality, 2ms etc
3. I find 120GB is a good size for a gaming build. Plenty of space without the high price tag of a 240GB. Consider... your OS = 20, BF3 = 20, D3 = 10. If you went a 60GB, wouldn't leave much for anything else.... been playing through Max Payne 3 which is 35GB alone
You've got the right idea with your preferences. The remaining parts for your build, on that budget:
(I'll link from PCCaseGear just because they have lots of nice product info)
Mobo: This board has loads of features, a good all round board for a general gaming system. If you are doing anything more specific with your build just double check all the features listed suit you needs.