voxgm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
So heres my issue.....I bought a pny gtx 550 Ti at best buy today and im having 2nd thoughts. I got the card for 151 bucks. I was going to buy the 560 but it was 250 bucks and i really dont wanna shell out that much cash right now. I dont game very often due to work. My specs are

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
12 gb ddr3 1333 g skill rip jaws
60gb ssd with 80 gb hhd
amd phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4ghz
antec liquid cooling
gtx 550ti(as of now)

I want to be able to play skyrim maxed with no issues(havnt bought it YET) is 100 extra worth it for a 560? Will i even seen an increase with my resolution?. ill only be playing at 1024x768 resolution cuz its all my moniter supports.

Solution

At this point you don't have much choice since you have purchased the card from Best Buy already and unless they will give you a full refund you are stuck with dealing with them now. I would go ahead and keep the card and use it for a time and then at some point when your ready, do an upgrade. It's all a learning experience and you will gain experience from this and move on.
At the resolution of your monitor the 550Ti will be good enough and I wouldn't pay an extra $100 for a 560 but I would for a 560Ti. The game might not be maxed out with a 550Ti and while it would with a 560Ti it might be as well with a 560 but you would have to find some benchmarks with that resolution and the rest of your components.

The only way Newegg would not give a RMA is if you went past the 30 days or you tried to return damaged items , I have been dealing with Newegg for 10 years and so far not a problem. Anything that had an issue was returned for a new item or a refund. If it was past the 30 days then I dealt with the manufacturer. I wouldn't want to know what I have spent there.

At this point you don't have much choice since you have purchased the card from Best Buy already and unless they will give you a full refund you are stuck with dealing with them now. I would go ahead and keep the card and use it for a time and then at some point when your ready, do an upgrade. It's all a learning experience and you will gain experience from this and move on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS