• Radeon
  • VGA
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
April 28, 2012 12:07:40 AM

OK, so I have a computer with an ATI Radeon 6670 Graphics card. It has an HDMI, a VGA and a DVI-D port. The on-board graphics VGA port doesn't output anything, so I'm assuming the graphics card has priority, which is good. I'm trying to hook up a second monitor. The first works perfectly and is directly attached to the VGA on the graphics card. The second is a generic, square Dell monitor with only a VGA port (monitor number 1 only has a VGA port as well). I have the second monitor connected to a VGA>DVI-D Adapter which is on the graphics card, but it fails to recognize any output and my computer doesn't recognize the second monitor at all. I'm running Windows 7 and I click detect a thousand times, yet still nothing, Could it be a shoddy adapter or is there something I need to do in BIOS or anything? I went through the AMD program and it won't recognize the second monitor either. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

More about : displays ati radeon 6670 graphics card

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
April 28, 2012 2:42:29 AM

Try swapping the connections. If the second monitor is recognized it's the card or software, if it's not, it's the monitor.
m
l
Anonymous
April 28, 2012 2:51:52 AM

Well I read somewhere recently that you can't really convert a digital output of DVI-D to an analog one of VGA, could that be it? I did try swapping them and the other monitor didn't work when plugged into the port with the adapter. Thanks for the response though!
m
l
Related resources
!