2 Displays on ATI Radeon 6670 Graphics Card

OK, so I have a computer with an ATI Radeon 6670 Graphics card. It has an HDMI, a VGA and a DVI-D port. The on-board graphics VGA port doesn't output anything, so I'm assuming the graphics card has priority, which is good. I'm trying to hook up a second monitor. The first works perfectly and is directly attached to the VGA on the graphics card. The second is a generic, square Dell monitor with only a VGA port (monitor number 1 only has a VGA port as well). I have the second monitor connected to a VGA>DVI-D Adapter which is on the graphics card, but it fails to recognize any output and my computer doesn't recognize the second monitor at all. I'm running Windows 7 and I click detect a thousand times, yet still nothing, Could it be a shoddy adapter or is there something I need to do in BIOS or anything? I went through the AMD program and it won't recognize the second monitor either. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
2 answers Last reply
More about displays radeon 6670 graphics card
  1. Try swapping the connections. If the second monitor is recognized it's the card or software, if it's not, it's the monitor.
  2. Well I read somewhere recently that you can't really convert a digital output of DVI-D to an analog one of VGA, could that be it? I did try swapping them and the other monitor didn't work when plugged into the port with the adapter. Thanks for the response though!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon VGA Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics