Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 560 ti + core 2 duo e6600 = ?

Last response: in CPUs
October 26, 2012 5:09:52 PM

I have a e6600 core 2 duo (as stated in the thread) and a gtx 560 ti, and i was woundering if this is a recipe for disaster or if everything is going to work just fine?

Also i have only 2GB of DDR2 ram, so i guess the real question that i am getting at here is "will i be able to play BF3 on high or max?" (I know max is probably not going to happen)

More about : gtx 560 core duo e6600

a b à CPUs
October 26, 2012 5:21:37 PM

Hi,

your e6600 will bottle neck your gtx 560 ti on most recent games and I don't think you will be able to run BF3 on max or high without any issues: medium is probably your best bet

2 gb ram is fine for games assuming your with xp, you will need a bit more on win7
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 26, 2012 5:23:00 PM

gwavey232 said:
I have a e6600 core 2 duo (as stated in the thread) and a gtx 560 ti, and i was woundering if this is a recipe for disaster or if everything is going to work just fine?

Also i have only 2GB of DDR2 ram, so i guess the real question that i am getting at here is "will i be able to play BF3 on high or max?" (I know max is probably not going to happen)

What resolution are you playing at? What is your Operating System? 32 or 64 bit?

Answer those questions and I can give you a more accurate answer. As of right now I would said no to High or Max, maybe Medium or Low depending on your answers.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 26, 2012 6:08:55 PM

You may be able to play bf3 on high but bf3 is pretty CPU intensive as well so don't expect good fps especially in multiplayer mode.

And there's no chance of running it at max with that CPU.

Other games that still like dual cores would have no problems( only about a 5-10% bottleneck) but don't expect to play recent titles on max with that cpu
m
l
!