Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build 1 Nagging Problem

Last response: in Systems
June 22, 2012 3:37:59 AM

Ok so I finally got all of my primary components in the mail, everything put together, and all the necessary drivers, etc. installed.

I booted and installed a brand new OEM version of Windows 7 home premium to the ssd I bought just for my OS, my anti-virus, anti-malware, & drivers & partitioned the drive appropriately during the windows install.

The issue I'm having is that Windows apparently isn't recognizing or finding my HDD (Western Digital Green 1TB) via the "My Computer" menu in Windows but it is listed as a storage device in the EFI/BIOS.

It is a 6gbps rated HDD, I'm using a 6gbps rated serial ata cable, and it is plugged into a sata 3 6gbps rated port on the mobo just like the SSD.

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : build nagging problem

Best solution

a c 118 B Homebuilt system
June 22, 2012 3:56:14 AM

Can you view the drive in disk management? It may be that the hard drive is not formatted into NTFS Format, and/or have a drive letter assigned for it.

Click the start menu and type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter and see if it shows up there.

If the drive shows up there click on Action>All tasks> Format
June 22, 2012 4:11:57 AM

Ok thanks I've made it there, however, "action>all tasks" as you've described only brings up:

"convert to dynamic disk"
"convert to gpt disk"
"detach vhd"

Also nowhere in the properties of this disk does it specifically say "format".
m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2012 4:26:21 AM

So I guess I need to make a partition first? How do I do that from here?
m
l
June 22, 2012 4:31:25 AM

Hey I figured it out, thanks though xD
m
l
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
June 22, 2012 5:16:24 AM

Glad you got it.
m
l
June 24, 2012 4:01:31 AM