Sign in with
Your question

Fuzzy display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2012 9:07:13 AM

I'm having an issue. I have my PC hooked up to the Toshiba flatscreen 36" tv. My Graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX hooked together with a 3meter VGA cable. Recently the display has been getting fuzzy with static lines visibly moving up the screen. A little like looking at a CRT display through a video camera. Sometimes its wicked bad, sometimes its not there at all. I've tried tightening the connections, removing them, restarting, reinstalling drivers, blowing dust off the card. Not a clue why its happening, just started about a week back, and for the previous month or so that I'd been using the TV there was no problem. Any suggestions?

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Gigabit P41T-D3P
Geforce 8800GTX
Intel core 2 quad 2.40ghz
8gb ram

More about : fuzzy display

April 28, 2012 1:16:00 PM

Have you tried changing the VGA cable? Has anything changed in relation to your system?
m
l
April 30, 2012 4:48:49 AM

I took a printscreen as I wanted to show what was going on, is there anyway I can post a picture here? The right side of everything seems to have a shadow shooting off of it. Left side it sharp though. Still having staticy resolution up and down. Will try a new VGA cable and VGA-DVI connector today and get an update after that.
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2012 6:40:52 AM

You unfortuantely have to post it to Photobucket, Flickr, or Dropbox and then post the public link here.
m
l
May 9, 2012 7:26:54 PM

Problems been fixed. Solution was to get a DVI-HDMI adapter and use my TVs HDMI input to run my computer. Fixed everything right up, crystal clear now! Thanks for the replies guys!
m
l
!