  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
February 16, 2005 5:29:59 AM

For some unknown reason, "My Computer" is automatically displayed
whenever any user logs on. Is there any way to make this not happen
without editting code? I am using Windows XP Home SP2. Thank you very
much!

--
Jim the Builder

More about : computer automatically pops

February 16, 2005 6:23:52 AM

Jim the Builder wrote:
> For some unknown reason, "My Computer" is automatically displayed
> whenever any user logs on. Is there any way to make this not happen
> without editting code? I am using Windows XP Home SP2. Thank you very
> much!

Hi Jim :)

In your Start menu, check to see if "My Computer" is listed in the Start
Up items list. If it is, you simply need to remove the shortcut :)