Sign in with
Your question

High Pitched Buzz Coming From Hyper N520

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2012 12:08:07 AM

Since I built my computer about 2 years ago, I used the stock cooler that came with my AMD Phenom II x4 925 Quad-Core CPU (2.8 GHz) and I knew I had to get an aftermarket cooler since I am a pretty avid gamer. About a month ago, I went to comp USA and bought a Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler. And it works wonderful. Under load, the TEMP is about 21 Degrees. But a problem is there is a high pitched buzzing noise that it creates, similar to in insect's wings.. There are two fans on it, one intake fan and one exhaust fan. I believe the noise comes from the intake fan because when I stop the intake fan by putting my finger over the center of the fan until it stops, the high pitched buzzing noise stops. And, when I press down slightly on the cooler, the noise stops. As far as I know, it does not effect performance at all, it is just super annoying. It can happen any time, not just when it's under load. What is causing this noise? How do I stop it?
October 27, 2012 12:29:27 AM

Things to try.

1. Buy compressed air, clean the fan.

2. Replace the two fans with new ones.

3. Make sure cables are not in the way.

4. Reinstall the cooler, remove thermal paste, reapply new thermal paste and see if that helps.
m
l
October 27, 2012 1:26:37 AM

check if you cooler is well seated on the cpu also try the exaust fan as intake and put the intake one on the exaust side and see if you still have the buzzing noise then fan need to be replace with new one
m
l
!