Coveted batch of 3570K

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Are you saying that the same CPU but made at different times than other CPUS can OC better than some of the other CPUs of the same kind?

If you are saying that I have no clue if it is true. Or how you would get that CPU over another on purpose.

Seems like something someone would make up to make his exact same CPU seem better than another one. (I'm sure there are some that might do better .. maybe? but ^ non the less)

Are you saying that the same CPU but made at different times than other CPUS can OC better than some of the other CPUs of the same kind?

Yes.. Making CPUs is like baking cookies, some turn out more perfectly round than others, some are more firm and darker, and some are lighter and chewier.. Well.. thats a weird comparison but you get the idea.

Probably not. There are no "golden" batches with these newer gens.

The same kind of thing happened with the 2500K. The Costa Rica chips, and even particular batches from the Costa Rica plant were supposed to be spectacular overclockers, but most were no better than average and no better than the Malaysia chips. Some people just got lucky and made a big deal about it.

It's basically luck of the draw. You get what you get, no matter the batch.

I'm strangely hungry right now.

Pretty much spot on. Chips may turn out better over a long period of time as the process is refined, and certainly with newer steppings, but not within the same batch.