  • Nokia
  • Events
Last response: in Brands
June 28, 2004 9:04:45 PM

Anybody else experienced this:

My 1 week old 6600 seems to forget the calendar events and views. Its
got firmware Orange 3.49.2. I have synced it to my outlook 2003 on my
pc several times and the calendar events are all there on the phone
but after a few hours its all gone and the customised view has gone!!
It may just be some software i've put on but i'm not sure.

Any help appreciated,

Chris

More about : 6600 forgetting calendar

June 29, 2004 6:11:02 PM

eggster2k wrote:

> Anybody else experienced this:
>
> My 1 week old 6600 seems to forget the calendar events and views. Its
> got firmware Orange 3.49.2. I have synced it to my outlook 2003 on my
> pc several times and the calendar events are all there on the phone
> but after a few hours its all gone and the customised view has gone!!
> It may just be some software i've put on but i'm not sure.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Chris

This can happen if you sync only from Outlook to your phone.
Does it sync the events that it "forgets" to Outlook?
Set your sync options to sync from phone to PC only and see if it
remembers them then.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 6:29:29 PM

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:11:02 +0200, vortex <vortex@anywhere.com>
wrote:

>eggster2k wrote:
>
>> Anybody else experienced this:
>>
>> My 1 week old 6600 seems to forget the calendar events and views. Its
>> got firmware Orange 3.49.2. I have synced it to my outlook 2003 on my
>> pc several times and the calendar events are all there on the phone
>> but after a few hours its all gone and the customised view has gone!!
>> It may just be some software i've put on but i'm not sure.
>>
>> Any help appreciated,
>>
>> Chris
>
>This can happen if you sync only from Outlook to your phone.
>Does it sync the events that it "forgets" to Outlook?
>Set your sync options to sync from phone to PC only and see if it
>remembers them then.

on the phone it forgets all events! completely blank!
Related resources
June 29, 2004 8:31:56 PM

eggster2k wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:11:02 +0200, vortex <vortex@anywhere.com>
> wrote:
>

>>eggster2k wrote:
>>

>>>Anybody else experienced this:
>>>
>>>My 1 week old 6600 seems to forget the calendar events and views. Its
>>>got firmware Orange 3.49.2. I have synced it to my outlook 2003 on my
>>>pc several times and the calendar events are all there on the phone
>>>but after a few hours its all gone and the customised view has gone!!
>>>It may just be some software i've put on but i'm not sure.
>>>
>>>Any help appreciated,
>>>
>>>Chris
>>
>>This can happen if you sync only from Outlook to your phone.
>>Does it sync the events that it "forgets" to Outlook?
>>Set your sync options to sync from phone to PC only and see if it
>>remembers them then.
>

> on the phone it forgets all events! completely blank!

Did you enter the events on your phone? or in Outlook?
If you entered them in Outlook, make sure your software (PC Suite or
other) syncs with the same Calendar where you entered the events.

What software did you put on? Some apps like Stacker can compress apps
to save disk space.
If your Contacts and Calendar (on the phone) are compressed they may not
sync properly. In that case you should uncompress before syncing.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 8:31:57 PM

>Did you enter the events on your phone? or in Outlook?

the same as i did on my 6610/6610i. I put the calendar events in the
phone and then sync with outlook on my pc later on.

>If you entered them in Outlook, make sure your software (PC Suite or
>other) syncs with the same Calendar where you entered the events.

i use pc suite for 6600 (latest version) which syncs fine with outlook
2003

>What software did you put on? Some apps like Stacker can compress apps
>to save disk space.
>If your Contacts and Calendar (on the phone) are compressed they may not
>sync properly. In that case you should uncompress before syncing.

i haven't got any compression programs on. I have got some camera
progs on, some games and some psiloc apps.
July 1, 2004 3:56:33 PM

eggster2k wrote:
>>Did you enter the events on your phone? or in Outlook?
>

> the same as i did on my 6610/6610i. I put the calendar events in the
> phone and then sync with outlook on my pc later on.
>

>>If you entered them in Outlook, make sure your software (PC Suite or
>>other) syncs with the same Calendar where you entered the events.
>>

> i use pc suite for 6600 (latest version) which syncs fine with outlook
> 2003
>

>>What software did you put on? Some apps like Stacker can compress apps
>>to save disk space.
>>If your Contacts and Calendar (on the phone) are compressed they may not
>>sync properly. In that case you should uncompress before syncing.
>

> i haven't got any compression programs on. I have got some camera
> progs on, some games and some psiloc apps.

I presume you're using PC Suite v1.1.0 dated 06 May 2004.

I suggest you back up your entire phone with PC Suite, have the phone's
firmware upgraded at your Service Provider.
Then restore your settings & data with PC Suite and retry the sync

If that still doesn't solve your problem, I'll have to give this one up
as a mystery.
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 8:46:18 PM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:56:33 +0200, vortex <vortex@anywhere.com>
wrote:

>eggster2k wrote:
>>>Did you enter the events on your phone? or in Outlook?
>>

>> the same as i did on my 6610/6610i. I put the calendar events in the
>> phone and then sync with outlook on my pc later on.
>>

>>>If you entered them in Outlook, make sure your software (PC Suite or
>>>other) syncs with the same Calendar where you entered the events.
>>>

>> i use pc suite for 6600 (latest version) which syncs fine with outlook
>> 2003
>>

>>>What software did you put on? Some apps like Stacker can compress apps
>>>to save disk space.
>>>If your Contacts and Calendar (on the phone) are compressed they may not
>>>sync properly. In that case you should uncompress before syncing.
>>

>> i haven't got any compression programs on. I have got some camera
>> progs on, some games and some psiloc apps.
>
>I presume you're using PC Suite v1.1.0 dated 06 May 2004.

yep

>I suggest you back up your entire phone with PC Suite, have the phone's
>firmware upgraded at your Service Provider.
>Then restore your settings & data with PC Suite and retry the sync
>
>If that still doesn't solve your problem, I'll have to give this one up
>as a mystery.

i'll be formatting the phone later and starting from scratch, so we'll
see what happens.
!