First build

7 answers Last reply
More about first build
  1. it will work, but the old sata 2 hdd will reduce performance.

    with a build like that its a waste to run a sata 2 hdd
    get an ssd for the os use the sata2 as a backup drive

    Mushkin Enhanced Chronos $94
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226236

    this will make for a better Experience
  2. that PSU is less than desirable . . most all cooler master that are reviewed hardly receive any recommendations. this nice 550 watt antec, for less money, is sooo much better:
    Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS $49.99

    oh? actually the PSU does get a recommendation:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=134
    go figure :)
  3. You didn't say what purpose your build will have, but if it's gaming I would suggest a different GPU. Consider anything between a HD 7850 and a GTX670.
    You have selected an unlocked CPU and an enthusiast motherboard but no CPU cooler. If you want to OC get a cooler, if you don't get a cheaper mobo and an i5 3450.
  4. the great randini said:
    it will work, but the old sata 2 hdd will reduce performance.

    with a build like that its a waste to run a sata 2 hdd
    get an ssd for the os use the sata2 as a backup drive

    Mushkin Enhanced Chronos $94
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226236

    this will make for a better Experience

    thanks for answering,
    would it also reduce gaming performance?
  5. Anonymous said:
    that PSU is less than desirable . . most all cooler master that are reviewed hardly receive any recommendations. this nice 550 watt antec, for less money, is sooo much better:
    Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS $49.99

    oh? actually the PSU does get a recommendation:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=134
    go figure :)

    thankyou,
    ill take the cheaper one
  6. Thomas_89 said:
    You didn't say what purpose your build will have, but if it's gaming I would suggest a different GPU. Consider anything between a HD 7850 and a GTX670.
    You have selected an unlocked CPU and an enthusiast motherboard but no CPU cooler. If you want to OC get a cooler, if you don't get a cheaper mobo and an i5 3450.

    would overclocking the cpu give better gaming expierience?
  7. xuntilone said:
    thankyou,
    ill take the cheaper one

    you're welcome. interested in a slightly faster, better and cheaper graphics card?
    MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II $249.99
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product