gprs and laptop

Last response: in Network Providers
a b D Laptop
August 10, 2005 4:05:40 PM

Can anyone tell me why *99***2# works better some times for getting on
line than *99***1# Im using WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM FOR USER NAME AND
CINGULAR1 FOR PASSWORD my phone is a t616 sony e
it seems that the 2# works better in lousiana than 1# im just guessing
but I do know if the 1# is slow or not working I can try The 2# and it
will usuallay hook up and vice verca IM kinda new at this and was
hopeing for answers or corections on my miss information thanks
George

PS People at my work are telling me that there is not a 19.99
unlimited gprs plan anymore ive had mine for about a year but my co
workers say they cant get it and have to pay by the mb is this true
thanks

More about : gprs laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 10, 2005 11:41:21 PM

In <1123700739.932427.52300@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> on 10 Aug 2005
12:05:40 -0700, "riverratt" <riverratt71@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why *99***2# works better some times for getting on
>line than *99***1# Im using WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM FOR USER NAME AND
>CINGULAR1 FOR PASSWORD my phone is a t616 sony e
>it seems that the 2# works better in lousiana than 1# im just guessing
>but I do know if the 1# is slow or not working I can try The 2# and it
>will usuallay hook up and vice verca IM kinda new at this and was
>hopeing for answers or corections on my miss information thanks

The 1 or 2 just selects from more than one GPRS profile, and thus would only
make a difference if (a) you have more than one profile set up in the phone,
and (b) those two profiles are different. If both conditions are satisfied,
then examine the differences. Otherwise, this is just the luck of the draw --
GPRS performance varies with signal strength, cell load, etc.

>PS People at my work are telling me that there is not a 19.99
>unlimited gprs plan anymore ive had mine for about a year but my co
>workers say they cant get it and have to pay by the mb is this true
>thanks

It is still available, in this market (Northern California) at least.
MEdia Net Unlimited at <http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase&gt;

a b D Laptop
August 11, 2005 1:36:24 AM

> It is still available, in this market (Northern California) at least.
> MEdia Net Unlimited at <http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase&gt;

There might be some confusion because the MediaWorks package used to
include unlimited data, and it is now 5MB. The MediaNet offerings are on a
different page.

--
---
a b D Laptop

dold@XReXXgprsX.usenet.us.com wrote:
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>It is still available, in this market (Northern California) at least.
>>MEdia Net Unlimited at <http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase&gt;

> There might be some confusion because the MediaWorks package used to
> include unlimited data, and it is now 5MB. The MediaNet offerings are on a
> different page.

Correct. You can pay $20 to get unlimited data still, but you will not
get MMS or SMS included with it. You'll have to add those on.

And you get a PDA, the data unlimited data package then become $40.

I also wonder what Cingular's policy is regarding tethering?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
a b D Laptop

In <11fn6vrkad17p01@corp.supernews.com> on Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:42:03 -0400,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>dold@XReXXgprsX.usenet.us.com wrote:
>> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>>It is still available, in this market (Northern California) at least.
>>>MEdia Net Unlimited at <http://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase&gt;
>

>> There might be some confusion because the MediaWorks package used to
>> include unlimited data, and it is now 5MB. The MediaNet offerings are on a
>> different page.
>
>Correct. You can pay $20 to get unlimited data still, but you will not
>get MMS or SMS included with it. You'll have to add those on.
>
>And you get a PDA, the data unlimited data package then become $40.
>
>I also wonder what Cingular's policy is regarding tethering?

You can use the $20 unlimited plan with *any* device. (I use it with a
Bluetooth link to a notebook computer.) There is no prohibition on tethering.

a b D Laptop
August 12, 2005 3:36:56 PM

Hello, would it work as well with the Mototrola Razr V3?
Could you please describe how to... if you got the chance. Many thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2005 1:16:44 AM

In <1123871816.221695.172580@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 12 Aug 2005
11:36:56 -0700, "afried" <afriedman2@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Hello, would it work as well with the Mototrola Razr V3?

Yes.

>Could you please describe how to... if you got the chance. Many thanks.

Have Cingular provision the phone OTA (over the air) for MEdia Net Unlimited;
verify that the phone is working on the Internet; then tether it to your
computer, and setup Windows Dial-up Networking. See my webpages below for
information that can be easily adapted.