Sign in with
Your question

Usb ports not working, Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 17, 2010 9:04:44 PM

Is there a repair site for Windows 7? I have severtal USB ports that do not work and also my headset and microphone uotlets do not work. I have seen similar requests on this blog but for XP.
January 17, 2010 9:19:51 PM

Did you install your motherboard's chipset drivers? If not, then there's your problem.
m
l
January 18, 2010 12:11:36 AM

are you talking about the ones on the Mobo, or the case?

but yeah, what ben said is most likely the case.
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2010 6:39:08 PM

jedimasterben said:
Did you install your motherboard's chipset drivers? If not, then there's your problem.

I'm not much with computers. I know enough that I get myself in trouble. Everything was working when I first installed windows 7 and eventually the USB ports foe my printer and then the others stopped working. I have not been able to use headphones on this computer for quite some time. It is a FRY'S tower with an assortment of hardware.
I went to the driver site and downloaded the Driver repair program by Parentologic and I ended up with some ATI something that made my icons and everything else smaller. Still no luck on the USB prots. What I get is a dialogue box that tells me "one usb attachment is not recognized..."
m
l
January 18, 2010 8:04:19 PM

Honestly, I would take it to someone that knows what they're doing. I'm all for DIY building and troubleshooting, but if you're not sure about drivers, I'd call a friend or someone that can help.
m
l
January 19, 2010 1:51:08 PM

probably the smart thing to do. Just needed to be told that. Thanks
m
l
!