Solved

GPU Driver

Hello everyone i'm currently waiting for my 5670 card to arrive i have a question. my previous card 4670 is dead (No display don't know why) i tried it on a different PC and it didn't work so i assume that it's the Graphic card's problem

anyway i already have a catalyst for my XFX radeon 4670 what if i change it with Sapphire 5670 can i still use the catalyst?
co'z i think it also use catalyst? am i right?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about driver
  1. You may want to download the latest catalyst version for your card. It will definitely have been updated since you installed the version your 4670 used. But yes, they both use the catalyst system. You can download them from this sit http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
  2. best is to remove the old driver and reinstall the latest one 12.4 when you put in the hd 5670
  3. scout_03 said:
    best is to remove the old driver and reinstall the latest one 12.4 when you put in the hd 5670

what do you mean? after i put the card or before?
  4. before putting the new card get rid of old driver,then install new card and then new driver
  5. scout_03 said:
    before putting the new card get rid of old driver,then install new card and then new driver

my mobo don't have an on board Graphic card. :(
  6. use the xfx 4670 to remove the driver so windows will reboot with it's own generic driver then do the other part
  7. scout_03 said:
    use the xfx 4670 to remove the driver so windows will reboot with it's own generic driver then do the other part

Please read my 1st post.. (4670 dead)
  8. Best answer
    then if you wil have to wait the new card to remove the old driver and put the new one
  9. scout_03 said:
    then if you wil have to wait the new card to remove the old driver and put the new one

so when i put the new card i'll remove the old driver and install na new and update it right?
  10. yes that is the wright way for you
  11. Best answer selected by bigdiggie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Catalyst Graphics