Horrible PC Performance

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
I just can't stand this anymore, my PC is so slow right now its worse than my old Core 2 Duo PC my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 3.20Ghz
4x 2GB Memory RAM
2x AMD Radeon HD 6870 Crossfire
Power Supply Corsair GS800 800w
Motherboard ASRock Deluxe5

I just got a BSOD after exiting GTA SA with dxgmms1.sys error

Killing Floor lags, going down to 40fps when the zombies come.

Payday The Heist is the only one that works at fully 60fps, through sometimes i get random stutters but thats rare.

Team Fortress 2 is running horribly on the new map, going down to 30 and 40 fps

BF3 is lagging, when i get out of RU Spawn on Caspian border and look to flag B from it, i get 50fps no matter how much i lower the settings.

ArmA II lags no matter how much i lower the settings.

Also my PC freezes for about 20 seconds when i acess this website:

http://www.nerfnow.com/

I can't stand this, this PC shouldn't be this bad, i might as well throw it out of the window as an excuse for myself to buy a new one.

newcomputer1

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
ok so quickly: most games these days don''t support anything more than 4 cores so maybe the 8150 would be overkill.

from what i know games like those are mostly GPU and a little CPU so the problem probably lies in your crossfire setup.

my guess would be that the crossfire isn't completely compatible with those games. i'm running a single 6870 with an i5 2500k and get very good FPS on sc2 (60), csgo (100's) and more recently borderlands 2 and dishonored (no reason to check FP). all running at 2560x1440 max settings.

maybe try with one card in and see what the results are? try downloading hardware monitor and check load and temperature values to see if they're overheating... that can cause issues.

but yeah if you got the money 7970 all the way...

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
First of all take a look at your cpu temps, make sure the cpu is not getting to hot.
Also dont forget about Amd cool and quiet. In the bios you can disable this as a test to see if it the cause of the stuttering.
Last of all make sure the V-sync option inside your games is turned off as in some cases it causes the frame rate of some games to dive bomb due to the fact of a low refresh rate of a monitor you may be using. Nice system BTW!, but with two 6870s you should be up to 80+ fps in most games.

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

After how much ATI screwed me up, i'm not gonna use an ATI card, i find Nvidia better, i'll try what you said.

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Gonna try that, "nice system" ha what a joke, my system is laggy and useless, don't use crossfire if you want to be under 30fps on ANY game.