Gnomepunt32

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I have a 600w Extremegear PS along with a Geforce GTS 250. The GTS 250 requires one 6 pin connector to the card while the 560ti requires 2. I want to be able to run better games. I plugged the one in to see what I'd get and it turned on (pretty loud) but nothing on my screen. I can't find any other connectors from the PS to the card. Only this one.

I'm very new to this and was wondering if I need to swap out the PS or do I need to just rewire? I've heard not so good things about the Extremegear products but I've had this computer over 2 years with no issues. Thanks in advance.

Gnomepunt32

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012

Thanks for the response. The card did come with two 6 pin connectors but both have 2 plugs each. Would it run if I used 1 of the two plus?

Thanks again for understanding

When you say one of the two plugs do you mean only pluging in one molex connector into the adaptor? No you need two molex plugs so that all the wires going to the six pin have current. You can use a molex splitter if you only have one free molex plug.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198025

The idea is to get power to all the wires going to the six pin connector so when you plug it into the card all the pins are providing power. You can use one of the adaptors that came with the card and one that comes with the power supply.