Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

One of my kids got my Halo2 disc and lightly scratched it up so it cannot be
read in the player. What can I do to get a replacement disc? Does MS have
a program to mail in the damaged discs for a replacement? Is there a trick
to polish the disc enough to make it readable (there are only a few light
scratched)?

Get this...XBox customer service recommended I take it back to the retailer
to exchange it for one that is not scratched.

Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

I'd take it back to the shop I got it from, far easier and quicker than
trying to deal direct with MS

hth
gerryR
"Owen Wilson" <lo@home.com> wrote in message
> One of my kids got my Halo2 disc and lightly scratched it up so it cannot
> be
> read in the player. What can I do to get a replacement disc? Does MS
> have
> a program to mail in the damaged discs for a replacement? Is there a
> trick
> to polish the disc enough to make it readable (there are only a few light
> scratched)?
>
> Get this...XBox customer service recommended I take it back to the
> retailer
> to exchange it for one that is not scratched.
>
> Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

My kid once dropped one of my favorite books in the full bathtub, but for
some reason, the publisher didn't think they should send me a replacement
for the ruined book.

"gerryR" <gerryR@ignoregerryr.com> wrote in message
> I'd take it back to the shop I got it from, far easier and quicker than
> trying to deal direct with MS
>
> hth
> gerryR
> "Owen Wilson" <lo@home.com> wrote in message
>> One of my kids got my Halo2 disc and lightly scratched it up so it cannot
>> be
>> read in the player. What can I do to get a replacement disc? Does MS
>> have
>> a program to mail in the damaged discs for a replacement? Is there a
>> trick
>> to polish the disc enough to make it readable (there are only a few light
>> scratched)?
>>
>> Get this...XBox customer service recommended I take it back to the
>> retailer
>> to exchange it for one that is not scratched.
>>
>> Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

lol

my mistake, read the first post wrong, thought t'was scratched before he
opened it.

"Duuuude" <go@cker.fu> wrote in message
> My kid once dropped one of my favorite books in the full bathtub, but for
> some reason, the publisher didn't think they should send me a replacement
> for the ruined book.
>

> "gerryR" <gerryR@ignoregerryr.com> wrote in message
>> I'd take it back to the shop I got it from, far easier and quicker than
>> trying to deal direct with MS
>>
>> hth
>> gerryR
>> "Owen Wilson" <lo@home.com> wrote in message
>>> One of my kids got my Halo2 disc and lightly scratched it up so it
>>> cannot be
>>> read in the player. What can I do to get a replacement disc? Does MS
>>> have
>>> a program to mail in the damaged discs for a replacement? Is there a
>>> trick
>>> to polish the disc enough to make it readable (there are only a few
>>> light
>>> scratched)?
>>>
>>> Get this...XBox customer service recommended I take it back to the
>>> retailer
>>> to exchange it for one that is not scratched.
>>>
>>> Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

=) FWIW, I read it that way too. Took a few readings. :)

> lol
>
> my mistake, read the first post wrong, thought t'was scratched before he
> opened it.
>

> "Duuuude" <go@cker.fu> wrote in message
>> My kid once dropped one of my favorite books in the full bathtub, but for
>> some reason, the publisher didn't think they should send me a replacement
>> for the ruined book.
>>

>> "gerryR" <gerryR@ignoregerryr.com> wrote in message
>>> I'd take it back to the shop I got it from, far easier and quicker than
>>> trying to deal direct with MS
>>>
>>> hth
>>> gerryR
>>> "Owen Wilson" <lo@home.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Duuuude" <go@cker.fu> wrote in message
> My kid once dropped one of my favorite books in the full bathtub, but for
> some reason, the publisher didn't think they should send me a replacement
> for the ruined book.
Poor analogy, a closer analogy would be if suddenly all the letters in the
book became scrambled because you scratched the cover...You're confused in
that the digital age has changed everything. It's not the disc that you're
buying but the data on the disc.