Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What graphics card can i use on my computer

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2012 9:50:13 PM

I really want to know what graphics card i can buy for my computer, but honestly i am not sure. I am wondering because i want to play Blade and Soul, but my graphics card isn't really that great so i want one that can handle games like aion blade and soul etc, but also not so expensive as well.. Can anyone give me a link or a few graphics drivers that will work with my pc and improve my gaming? Tys

My main price range atm is 0 to 300 :< if anything u can give me higher prices graphic drivers

computer info: ------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/28/2012, 16:25:56
Operating System: Windows 7 Starter 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model: MS-7529
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 2770MB used, 1323MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode.
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x954F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_21AC14…
Display Memory: 1274 MB
Dedicated Memory: 507 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: ACER X193W
Monitor Model: X193W
Monitor Id: ACR000C
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,a…
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1119 (English)
Driver Version: 8.950.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/14/2012 23:18:40, 791040 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D60F-11CF-B773-A601BEC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x954F
SubSys ID: 0x21AC1458
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem35.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1:ati2mtag_R7X…
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

More about : graphics card computer

a c 254 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 2:40:29 AM

For starters you have a dual core cpu and 2gb of system ram so those two things will be a limiting factor in what ever you are doing. Plus the cpu is running at 2.5ghz. Any video card can only do so much and then you will run into a bottleneck.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You might only be able to go with cards like these. The chart linked below will give you an idea of where cards fall in the list of high to low.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 3:09:59 AM

It's going to take a lot more than $300 to get that machine into shape. You're using a bottom of the line (it retailed for a whopping $70) four year old processor and have half as much memory as I'd consider a hard minimum.

Your video card actually looks like the least out of date thing in your computer.
Score
Related resources
April 29, 2012 3:37:56 AM

just saying...;p my computer might not be that great(poor :D ), but it can handle a lot of games with high graphics, my only problem, well biggest, is Florida's beautiful connection :D ! So yah i don't need something top of the line hard core etc... i am not even a hard core gamer... all i need is a graphic card that is better/ stronger than the one i own ;p one that can handle Blade and soul basically... my other cpu components pass the system requirement expect the card... that ram passed by the bare minimum which i will fix later in life too, planing to get 4gs xD.

so if anything try to help me out on that ;p.... Also tys for your time for posting on this thread! much appreciated :p !
Score

Best solution

a c 214 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 3:50:38 AM

I would suggest going for a complete new build.Since the games you play aren't that demanding I would suggest going for a APU build.Here's what you can do on your budget...

CPU+GPU=$120

Motherboard=$130

RAM=$46

Total comes to less than $300.And you can go cheaper on the motherboard if need be.The one I picked out is actually the most expensive one they make on that socket.

What is the make/model of your power supply?
April 29, 2012 3:54:24 AM

power supply: RAIDMAX 500w
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 3:58:19 AM

You may meet the minimum requirements, but only barely. I don't think you can expect good results in the game even with a video card update. Settings would probably need to be close to minimum to be playable.

I'd strongly recommend looking at upgrading your memory before you do anything else. 2GB is not nearly enough for Windows 7 and gaming, or even Windows 7 and web browsing. If you spend $300 on a video card, you are not going to get $300 of performance out of it because the rest of your system is so laughably out of date.

Trust me, you want more memory ASAP. I'm guessing your system feels pretty unresponsive in general. That's not because your CPU is slow (it is slow, but it's plenty for Windows), but because Windows is being forced to use the hard drive to extend your tiny memory pool. Your hard drive is literally more than ten thousand times slower than your memory.

As far as the actual video card update goes, I'd recommend looking at this month's "Best video cards for the money" article on Tom's Hardware. Find one that beats the minimum requirements (preferably recommended as well) that leaves enough of your budget for a memory upgrade as well.

Also, a 2.5 GHz dual core processor is going to be an issue. You'll get decent performance until things get hectic, at which point I'd expect the game to turn into a slide show. Turning down spell effects and number of players rendered will help with this, but it's just always going to be a problem with a chip that slow. Not much you can do, it's hard to find decently priced LGA 775 chips. Lots of people on eBay seem to think their Q6600s are worth $150.
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 4:03:03 AM

fool1010 said:
power supply: RAIDMAX 500w

D'oh. Raidmax is well known for making some of the worst PSUs on the planet. Putting a mid-high end video card in your computer would probably result in a dead PSU within a year or so.

I'm going to go ahead and recommend you follow Purple stank's advice and build from scratch with an APU and more memory. The A8-3850's GPU is more than enough for the game's modest system requirements. It's not going to be maxing out BF3 or anything like that, but you'll get playable framerates in most anything if you turn the settings down a bit.

They really are quite nice for budget builds like this.
Score
April 29, 2012 4:08:16 AM

tys so much for all of ur support! Also i understand that my computer in your eyes is noting more but a baked potato ;p, its cool, umm the power supply was a last second buy since there was this huge thunder one time by my house, dam u Florida!, and it kill so many things here <.> so ya... again tys for your comments they are all really really great! trust me not kidding lol
Score
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 4:12:48 AM

That power supply will probably be fine so long as you don't ask it to actually put out anywhere near 500 watts. The APU fits that bill perfectly.

I just can't stress enough how much of a great idea purple stank's build is for you. Solves all your problems within your budget and without making a problem out of your power supply.
Score
April 29, 2012 4:15:43 AM

ya i saw that build and i went....WHAT this is perfect! xD makes my baked potato seem like a fried piece of lutes
Score
a c 254 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 5:31:57 AM

If you have $300 to spend then you could actual;ly take care of a few things at the same time. The video card that will be right for that computer will not cost you $300 and you could actually get the video card , some ram and a good psu. If your interested in doing that let us know and we can throw some parts at you to see what you think.
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 5:42:43 AM

PSU's actually have their own type of tripping for overvoltage and what not so if you were to buy a quality one you wouldn't really need to worry about thunderstorms.But it's always a good idea to turn your PC off and unplug it when their is.I know how nasty the weather can get down in FL.

While willard is right that Raidmax has some pretty bad low end tier PSU's the APU build won't consume more than 300 watts so you should be fine using your current one.Although if you can fork out an extra $40 for a new PSU your PC would thank you i'm sure.

Rosewill 530 watt(currently on speical)

Corsair 430 watt

Score
April 29, 2012 5:59:51 AM

ya i never actually had a problem with it, its just... we recently moved and this place has horrible internet connection , wire connection , and wireless connection.. lol not to mention this area gets hit really hard by thunder sadly <.< and i learned that the hard way :F. Also sure ill be able to do that probably. Thanks for your builds purple! ima save everything haha! xD
Score
April 29, 2012 6:02:59 AM

Best answer selected by fool1010.
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 6:47:07 AM

Could be electromagnetic disturbance.You should contact your local cable company and ask if their is anything in your area that could be causing you problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interferen...

Anyway I'm glad we could help you.Also I should mention that if you ever feel your graphics are to poor you can always buy a discrete GPU to put in crossfire with your APU as long as it's anything less than a 6670.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 11:06:10 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!