Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Benefit of classified over regular GeForce GTX 560/570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 28, 2012 11:15:38 PM

I had a thread yesterday about trying to pick out a graphics card and someone suggested that I get the classified version of the 560 or 570.

I was originally looking at this 570
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

so I guess what would be the benefit of switching to the classified version?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I have 620W of power and an i5-2500k processor and plenty of room for any size graphics card.
a c 143 U Graphics card
April 28, 2012 11:32:55 PM

The classified as an OCed version. Whatever you pick will be fine with your system.
have you considered any other GPU?
m
0
l
April 28, 2012 11:43:13 PM

Like ilysaml said. Its just overclocked. Companies are using more tricks like that to get more $ from people buying it thinking its special or something.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 29, 2012 12:34:34 AM

ilysaml said:
The classified as an OCed version. Whatever you pick will be fine with your system.
have you considered any other GPU?


On the thread yesterday there were some AMD suggestions but I'm pretty sure I want to stick with Nvidia.
m
0
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 1:26:29 AM

You're good to go then.
m
0
l
April 29, 2012 1:49:11 AM

ilysaml said:
You're good to go then.


What is a good amount of RAM to get for a system? Is 2GB overkill?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 2:00:30 AM

unquestionablelogic said:
What is a good amount of RAM to get for a system? Is 2GB overkill?


Depends what you're doing really. But 2GB is a little on the low side. With the price of DDR3 right now 4-8GB is a sweet spot. You want at least 4 if you are going to game even a little. If you can get 8GB for a little more def get it. RAM never hurt anyone.
m
0
l
April 29, 2012 2:13:51 AM

yarmock said:
Depends what you're doing really. But 2GB is a little on the low side. With the price of DDR3 right now 4-8GB is a sweet spot. You want at least 4 if you are going to game even a little. If you can get 8GB for a little more def get it. RAM never hurt anyone.


Ah I meant for Video card RAM. My system currently has 16GB :p 
m
0
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 2:51:25 AM

Depends on your resolution, for 1080P the GTX 570 is pretty marvel at that resolution.
m
0
l
April 29, 2012 4:20:34 AM

ilysaml said:
Depends on your resolution, for 1080P the GTX 570 is pretty marvel at that resolution.


Ya I'll be at 1080p with a Res of 1920x1080. So I want the 2.5G variant rather than the 1.5?
m
0
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 11:12:54 AM

No, 1.25 will be great, the 2.5 gb version might get you 5-6 FPS more in various games. there's no need.
m
0
l
a c 592 U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 4:51:21 PM

At 1080 resolution, there's just as much potential that 2.5 gb RAM will lower your FPS performance by a few frames.
m
0
l
April 29, 2012 5:37:28 PM

17seconds said:
At 1080 resolution, there's just as much potential that 2.5 gb RAM will lower your FPS performance by a few frames.


Why is that?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2012 6:03:28 PM

@unquestionablelogic well until not a long time ago no more than 1GB of graphics ram was needed, now some games are taking advantage of more, however 1.25gb is still enough, and on a gtx 570 it runs fine. Some manufactures however double the ram on non reference models and sometimes games take advantage of that additional ram, and sometimes it just slows things down by a few fps, however the stock 1.25GB or so is fine.
m
0
l
!