Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
i am making my first computer that will be lightly used for gaming like minecraft, little games like that...

8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules) 1 $57.99
Builder Series 500 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply 1 $62.99
Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor 1 $189.99
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit OEM (PC) 1 $99.99
Vortex 3620 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 1 $39.99
22X DVD±RW Burner with Dual Layer Support - OEM 1 $15.99
Caviar Blue 500GB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive WD5000AAKX - OEM 1 $84.99
e2250swd 21.5" LED Monitor 1 $109.99 $109.9 Z77 Pro3 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard 1 $59.99

Subtotal »
$721.91

These are the parts i picked up and will start building tomarro.
I am kinda nervous so i am thinking about getting an anti static wrist ban at radio shack only like 8$ and will be getting a DVI adapter soon so i don't have to use vga... i was wondering if minecraft will be fine with intel hd 4000 graphics playing minecraft for the time being or if i should pick up the DVI cord when i get my anti static ban.

I live in wisconsin if this helps you determine if i really do need this ban or if i am just being scared.

Sorry about the long messege but i just wanted to be detailed.

Thank you for your help

Solution
Although I am sure there are more than a few people who use anti-static bands, I do not personally know anyone that does. Grounding myself has become enough of a habit that I don't really worry too much about it anymore. You can use one, it definately won't hurt anything - it's not like someone will redicule you for it or you'll get teased on the playground...
I do not see a graphics card - is that what you meant by DVI adapter? Looks like you'll have to let us know how minecraft works on the Intel HD4000 - what settings you can get. The cable you use probably won't matter much at this point (although DVI does have better capabilities) - at least until you add a graphics card.
Although I am sure there are more than a few people who use anti-static bands, I do not personally know anyone that does. Grounding myself has become enough of a habit that I don't really worry too much about it anymore. You can use one, it definately won't hurt anything - it's not like someone will redicule you for it or you'll get teased on the playground...
I do not see a graphics card - is that what you meant by DVI adapter? Looks like you'll have to let us know how minecraft works on the Intel HD4000 - what settings you can get. The cable you use probably won't matter much at this point (although DVI does have better capabilities) - at least until you add a graphics card.

Solution
If you are only going to run the games you have said then you can cut down on the parts some since using the Intel HD 4000 isn't all that demanding. But since you have the parts already then it's too late for that.
I would get the DVI cord and the wrist strap , better to be safe then sorry and the DVI cord will give a better picture.

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
You may want to consider getting a Radeon HD 6670. They can be found around $60-70 right now, and offer significant improvement over intel 4000. Intel 4000 will give you 25-35 FPS in Minecraft generally, while the 6670 fluctuates around 70 FPS, a much smoother experience than 30 FPS. Then again, you may not want to buy it since you will be getting a better graphics card soon.

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012

As far as I know, Intel 4000 is almost as good as the Radeon 6450. With draw distance set to far, it gets about 37 FPS on average. Since Intel graphics care slightly below that, I would estimate around 30-35 FPS on average, with all settings as high as you can make it. Note that those numbers are in windowed mode, and not in fullscreen.