Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to make this 3d?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 23, 2012 2:52:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a post earlier in this section relating to a build I have been spec'ing out. I'm curious, #1, what it would take to make my rig 3d gaming capable, and #2 is it worth it?

Here is my build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aAGh

Here is a plain text version:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($492.55 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Silverstone 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($153.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1416.47
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

It is my understanding that the motherboard is 3d capable and the the Graphics card is capable of handling the 3d as well. What would need to be added?Suggestions on monitor? Bump up to an i7? another gtx 670 for 2-sli?


Thanks guys!

More about : make

June 23, 2012 3:04:21 AM

Get a 120 hz monitor. Thats about it I think, one that has the glasses with it.
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 3:25:06 AM

If you havent bought that already then change the RAM
2 x4 gig is a better option . 1600 MHz and 1.5 volt or less

The psu is overkill . Even two GTX 670's in SLI would only need a 750 watt psu . As it is you need a 500 watt unit

The noctua is a good cpu cooler . Great even . But its not needed for a processor rated at 77 watt . Spend $30 on a CM Hyper 212 evo unless you are trying to run some massive overclock
m
0
l
Related resources
June 23, 2012 3:56:52 AM

Thanks for the replies! How is this for updated build for 3d gaming (Maxed settings)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aEZE

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($492.55 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Silverstone 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($153.98 @ NCIX US) *****Still unsure about this one. Should I keep it to grow into? Or just go down to a 750W
ASUS VG Series VG23AH Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 3D LED Monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
total cost= $1663
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 4:05:44 AM

even a 650 watts PSU is adequate "with room to grow". overkill on a PSU is almost as bad as an under powered one.
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 4:16:02 AM

Okay so drop it back down to 8 gig ram (2x4)

Can you suggest a good psu in that wattage?

Still assuming the consensus is to keep the i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core and not go to the i7? Like I said it is a gaming rig at its core, but I wouldn't mind being able to multi task or even play around with the occasional photoshop edit or screw around in aftereffects.

m
0
l
June 23, 2012 4:27:15 AM

skibum5767 said:
Okay so drop it back down to 8 gig ram (2x4)

Can you suggest a good psu in that wattage?

Still assuming the consensus is to keep the i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core and not go to the i7? Like I said it is a gaming rig at its core, but I wouldn't mind being able to multi task or even play around with the occasional photoshop edit or screw around in aftereffects.


i recomend you to switch the mobo to a Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, i have succesfully overclocked a i5 3570k to 4.8Ghz with it and it was perfectly stable (with a CNPS12X cooler)

i suggest you get a 700-750w psu because you might want to get a second gtx 670 in some time, just make sure that the psu you choose has at least 65A in the 12v Rail

go with the i5 3570k... the i7 3770k (and any other i7 cpu) has a feature called hyper threading wich "splits" the cpu cores and technically turns your quad core processor into a octo core procesor (8 cores) but game dont take advantage of it and it reduces the performance in games (by as much as 11% in BF3 and about 5% in crysis 2) in most apps HT gives you a boost but for games....beter stay away from it :lol: 

BTW... the i5 3570k is more than fine for CS5 or even the upcoming CS6

Edit: get this RAM kit, you will love it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it has all the overclocking room you can wish for
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 4:36:40 AM

aqualipt said:

i suggest you get a 700-750w psu because you might want to get a second gtx 670 in some time, just make sure that the psu you choose has at least 65A in the 12v Rail


sorry 65 amps is ridiculous.
BTW, that would put the wattage @ 780; more than the total wattage of the PSU your suggesting.
40 amps is more than enough

m
0
l
June 23, 2012 4:50:35 AM

@looniam you are wrong 750w is moooore than enough for a GTX 670 sli, and btw most 700w-750w psu have more than 60amps on the 12v rail...check this out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...;---excellent value!
this one has 160amps on a quad 12v rails http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <--- my favorite

edit1:just to prove that 60amps are not ridiculous.... a 650w psu with 76amps http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

edit: i did the power calculation with dual gtx 570 (gtx 670 were not avaliable, but the power consumption should be lower becuase the gtx 670 consume LESS than the gtx 570)
the total wattage requiered to power a i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz 1.35v / Dual gtx 570 / 1 DVD drive / 1 SSD / 1 HDD / 2x stick DDR3 RAM <---- all that with at 100% load needs 648w (of course...with dual gtx 670 the power consumption should be about 60-90w lower)
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 4:57:30 AM

aqualipt said:
@looniam you are wrong 750w is moooore than enough for a GTX 670 sli, and btw most 700w-750w psu have more than 60amps on the 12v rail...check this out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...;---excellent value!
this one has 160amps on a quad 12v rails http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <--- my favorite

just to prove that 60amps are not ridiculous.... a 650w psu with 76amps http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

its very simple those are rated maximum NOT continuous! do not make that mistake.

example 65 amps * 12 volts is 780 watts; HIGHLY unlikely it will sustain that load. :p 

you did say 65 now you're back peddling . .
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:07:04 AM

So, I tweaked the build a little bit. Is this better or worse?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aFfg

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.98 @ NCIX US)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: NZXT 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VG236H 120Hz 23.0" Monitor ($338.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1955.51

If i Keep the 2way sli do I need the 750W psu or not? Now I'm confused
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 5:18:02 AM

skibum5767 said:
So, I tweaked the build a little bit. Is this better or worse?

If i Keep the 2way sli do I need the 750W psu or not? Now I'm confused


that is freaking perfect! and a good price on the PSU.

look at the power consumption benchmark i posted 2 GTX 670s will need less than 300 watts; thats 25 amps.

over estimate 150 watts for CPU hard drives and such and your still under 40 amps. that PSU has a single 50 amp rail, you're good!
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:30:41 AM

skibum5767 said:
Thanks for the replies! How is this for updated build for 3d gaming (Maxed settings)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aEZE

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card ($492.55 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Silverstone 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($153.98 @ NCIX US) *****Still unsure about this one. Should I keep it to grow into? Or just go down to a 750W
ASUS VG Series VG23AH Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 3D LED Monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
total cost= $1663


hey there! here a few changes that will make you hapier about your build :D 

*Hard drive: Caviar black is usually pointless, speacially if you have a SSD, Caviar black HDD are very noisy soo... i recomend you getting a cheaper and equally fast HDD like the samsung Spinpoint F3 for only 79.99$ (after 30$ mir) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

*Motherboard: good board, but you can find a cheaper mobo that has a lot a great features like the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, this motherboard is awesome, speacially for overclocking, i ve been able to reach 4.2ghz with my i7 3770k with 1.25v using the zalman cnps12x cooler, its rock stable and my temps were close to 60° under full load and @ 4.6ghz with 1.3v my temps were 69°c http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <---- i highly recomend it, and its very cheap only 130$ most of the time and now its only 117$ with the promo code

GPU: EVGA reference models are usually very hot and dont have a lot of overclocking room, these gpu will be better : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
feel free to buy the one you like the most, you cant go wrong with neither of those cards...although i will go with the Asus just because i know asus means quality and i have used their products (and its 10$ cheaper :lol:  ) but i know MSI is just as good if not better than asus, its just that i dont have much experience with msi

Power supply: if i were you id buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... but if you have the money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

if not, any of this PSU will be more than enough for you and i guaranteed you they will be rock solid for a LOOOONG time: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...




m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:35:41 AM

Anonymous said:
you obviously know nothing about rails huh?
the 38 for each 12 volt rail is the maximum NOT continuous. you do NOT add rail together like that.
PSU "amps" Myth


To be honest with... you are right, not a lot BUT i DO know how to choose a perfect psu for my system and i know when a psu is bad or good (mostly because of the brand and components used in their fabrications) i read the post you linked, i learned a lot thanks! :bounce: 
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:37:28 AM

skibum5767 said:


If i Keep the 2way sli do I need the 750W psu or not? Now I'm confused


yes, it will be better for you to have a 750w psu, use any of the psu i linked above
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:44:30 AM

aqualipt said:

*Motherboard: good board, but you can find a cheaper mobo that has a lot a great features like the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, this motherboard is awesome, speacially for overclocking, i ve been able to reach 4.2ghz with my i7 3770k with 1.25v using the zalman cnps12x cooler, its rock stable and my temps were close to 60° under full load and @ 4.6ghz with 1.3v my temps were 69°c http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... <---- i highly recomend it, and its very cheap only 130$ most of the time and now its only 117$ with the promo code

Is this Mobo 3d compatible?
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:50:38 AM

The monitor you selected is a uses passive glasses and not nvidia's active 3d display. I would check to make sure you can enable 3d on these displays. Last I checked Nvidia required you purchase the driver, they called it 3d tv play.

Just so you know. 120hz is handled differently on these displays. You will not be able to get 120hz out of the monitor during normal non 3d games. Only the monitors with the nvision kits will register as 120hz.
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 5:55:58 AM

PsyKhiqZero said:
The monitor you selected is a uses passive glasses and not nvidia's active 3d display. I would check to make sure you can enable 3d on these displays. Last I checked Nvidia required you purchase the driver, they called it 3d tv play.

Just so you know. 120hz is handled differently on these displays. You will not be able to get 120hz out of the monitor during normal non 3d games. Only the monitors with the nvision kits will register as 120hz.



Thank you for your feedback I will look into that. do you have another 3d monitor recommendation =)
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 6:32:16 AM

23"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
27"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

the 27" monitor uses the Nvidia 3d vision 2 hardware. The glasses are larger to better fit around glasses and the monitor has a trick that reduces "crosstalk". These are the two to get if you want to stick with nvidia for 3D.

FPR 3D systems "like the one you picked" can be more comfortable. They usually don't strain the eyes like active system can. make sure you do you homework.
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 7:36:38 PM

Thought I'd add an update to the build. I haven't made a decision yet on the 3d monitor/glasses yet so I just left the original 3d monitor I chose for now.


http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aGV6


CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($121.50 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.98 @ NCIX US)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($417.55 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: NZXT 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VG236H 120Hz 23.0" Monitor ($338.98 @ Newegg)
Other: Case: BitFenix Colossus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ( $170 @ Newegg)
Total: $2057

Still open to suggestions and critiques. I appreciate all of your help very much, Thanks guys!
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 7:45:28 PM

The GTX 670 may be power efficient, but 650W is mainly for CF 7850s. If you want to SLI the 670s, get a 750W PSU.
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 9:07:52 PM

Btw, whats your budget?
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 9:16:43 PM

azeem40 said:
The GTX 670 may be power efficient, but 650W is mainly for CF 7850s. If you want to SLI the 670s, get a 750W PSU.

a 750 watt PSU is NOT necessary to sli 670s!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 SLI

GeForce GTX 670 2 and 3-way SLI review
Measured power consumption two cards in SLI x2
System in IDLE = 160W
System Wattage with GPUs in FULL Stress = 433W
Difference (GPU load) = 273W
Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 293 Watts
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 9:37:02 PM

Anonymous said:
a 750 watt PSU is NOT necessary to sli 670s!
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2416/powerpeak.gif
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 SLI

GeForce GTX 670 2 and 3-way SLI review
Measured power consumption two cards in SLI x2
System in IDLE = 160W
System Wattage with GPUs in FULL Stress = 433W
Difference (GPU load) = 273W
Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 293 Watts



You know what else is not necessary? a Porsche, but if you have the money will you buy it? of course you will.... same here, i advise the OP to buy the 750w psu i linked (The pc power & cooling) not only because it will be better but because if the capacitors start to get old the component will draw more and more power.

And a 750w psu will allow the op to do a more agressive overclock
m
0
l
June 23, 2012 9:42:55 PM

aqualipt said:
Btw, whats your budget?



My budget is right around 2,000
m
0
l
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 9:54:44 PM

aqualipt said:
You know what else is not necessary? a Porsche, but if you have the money will you buy it? of course you will.... same here, i advise the OP to buy the 750w psu i linked (The pc power & cooling) not only because it will be better but because if the capacitors start to get old the component will draw more and more power.

And a 750w psu will allow the op to do a more agressive overclock

i'll agree on the first part but the second part on overclocking isn't entirely true.
Quote:
System Wattage with GPUs in FULL Stress = 433W

still plenty of headroom. :)  and any cap aging isn't a constant varible as PSU calculator site would have you beleive, it is varible to the quality used; much like the PSU itself:
Let's take another look at capacitor aging

my post was directed at the apparent "drive by" posting - folks that post w/o reading the thread just the OP. no offense.
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 8:56:45 AM

Getting close to ordering. I've made a few changes. I've decided to drop the sli for now in order to buy a nicer 3d monitor. If i decide I need more performance, I will purchase another gtx 670.

Here is the build as it stands. As I said, I am getting close to finishing the spec out and purchasing the parts. Does any one see any compatibility issues? Or last min. suggestions?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.37 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.98 @ NCIX US)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($417.55 @ Newegg) (670 ftw)
Case: BitFenix Colossus Venom Edition ATX Full Tower Case ($175.50 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: NZXT 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VG278H 120Hz 27.0" Monitor ($643.39 @ Mac Connection)
COUGAR CF-V14H Vortex http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($11.99) ** for back of case
LG Black 14X Blu-ray Burner WH14NS40 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($69.99)

Thank you everyone!
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 9:14:26 AM

If you can afford it buy a smaller SSD no larger then 60GB for use with intel SRT. it can really improve boot times in games. Or if you don't have any larger programs you use on a regular basis, Get 2 64 GB SSD drives. One for you OS and another for caching.
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 2:40:02 PM

skibum5767 said:
Getting close to ordering. I've made a few changes. I've decided to drop the sli for now in order to buy a nicer 3d monitor. If i decide I need more performance, I will purchase another gtx 670.

Here is the build as it stands. As I said, I am getting close to finishing the spec out and purchasing the parts. Does any one see any compatibility issues? Or last min. suggestions?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.50 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.37 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.98 @ NCIX US)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($417.55 @ Newegg) (670 ftw)
Case: BitFenix Colossus Venom Edition ATX Full Tower Case ($175.50 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: NZXT 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VG278H 120Hz 27.0" Monitor ($643.39 @ Mac Connection)
COUGAR CF-V14H Vortex http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($11.99) ** for back of case
LG Black 14X Blu-ray Burner WH14NS40 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ($69.99)

Thank you everyone!


Amazing monitor, i have three of those and they are AMAZING you will love it....although you will hate any other 3D TV/Monitor because they wont look near as amazing as that monitor :lol: 

And as for the extra fan case buy to of this fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... put one in the botton and the other one in the rear!
m
0
l
!